2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

5 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Would people prefer to land Queen if it means we're starting Reneau and Derik together next year? Or would you rather miss on this recruitment if it frees us up to play a 4 out, 1 in style?

I get what you're saying based on how the last three years have gone. However, you definitely want him. He should be Malik's backup, with the option to play them together about 5-10 minutes per game, depending on match ups. If they play together 25-30 minutes, that's just a failure of the coaching staff. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

Would people prefer to land Queen if it means we're starting Reneau and Derik together next year? Or would you rather miss on this recruitment if it frees us up to play a 4 out, 1 in style?

They both have enough skill passing & shooting to make it work with good guards + Liam 

Big Ten is tough for even the best freshman 

38 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Why would he? What other players have? Romeo did for the NIT. Not worth it. 

It happens like 100 times a season in football.  It's probably only a matter of time before it trickles over to basketball.   I'm not sure what else he will show by playing 6 plus games.  Other than heart, which is important to me and fans but agents and evidently NFL gms don't give hoot.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It happens like 100 times a season in football.  It's probably only a matter of time before it trickles over to basketball.   I'm not sure what else he will show by playing 6 plus games.  Other than heart, which is important to me and fans but agents and evidently NFL gms don't give hoot.  

They don't shut it down in the regular season on football when healthy. They do in the bowl season and it won't surprise me if players skip playing in the NIT.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm just saying, it's only a matter of time.  

I don't see players stop playing during the regular season. You would have to think if they are getting NIL they would have some problems if they quit during the season 

Edited by IU Scott

10 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

There isn’t precedent to back that up. 

Yet.  

Romeo was a difference case.  Clearly injured enough to need surgery, that doesn't count.  I don't follow every team that goes nit, cbi or any other trash end of season tourney.  It's bound to happen eventually.  If it hasn't already and it was so low key, non ncaa tourney guy, it didn't even catch wind on the radar, like 2nd rounder or not even drafted guy.  

It's my opinion.  It's your opinion.  It's actually a guess.  

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They don't shut it down in the regular season on football when healthy. They do in the bowl season and it won't surprise me if players skip playing in the NIT.

you are right Scott, all of our players will be skipping the NIT.