'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Great ending to the OVC championship game. Tennessee Tech down 7 with a little over a minute left. They scored 8 straight to go up 1 with 6 seconds left. SE MO St got fouled shooting a 3 and made all 3 with 2.6 seconds left to go up 2. Tech threw a long pass and their pmayer caught it and hit the shot and they called it a 3 for the win but the players foot on the line. Going to OT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Watching Houston vs Memphis.  Houston is darn good but it doesn’t change the fact that IU management whiffed badly on that hire.  Sampson simply doesn’t recruit student athletes that fit for IU.  I could see the committee putting us in a bracket with them.  

That court at Memphis hurts my eyes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Watching Houston vs Memphis.  Houston is darn good but it doesn’t change the fact that IU management whiffed badly on that hire.  Sampson simply doesn’t recruit student athletes that fit for IU.  I could see the committee putting us in a bracket with them.  

We will be in a 4-5 with UK. It’s written in the stars.

53 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It was something like slaves serve their masters.  

Weird

Obviously not sure about the context but in the Hebrew culture a slave was basically an indentured servant who was paying off their loan. Basically more closely related to an employee/employer relationship. Back then people would go to rich people to borrow money for land/home etc and would work off the debt buy being a slave/servant for a number of years…or when they couldn’t pay back their debt would become slaves to pay it back. Not that there wasn’t your more understood captive slaves (Egyptian and Jews or Babylonian or Syrian etc) but this was not a positive or accepted practice supported in the Bible. So I have no idea what he was referencing in those verses but they can be very easily misconstrued and likely this story is very complicated.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Obviously not sure about the context but in the Hebrew culture a slave was basically an indentured servant who was paying off their loan. Basically more closely related to an employee/employer relationship. Back then people would go to rich people to borrow money for land/home etc and would work off the debt buy being a slave/servant for a number of years…or when they couldn’t pay back their debt would become slaves to pay it back. Not that there wasn’t your more understood captive slaves (Egyptian and Jews or Babylonian or Syrian etc) but this was not a positive or accepted practice supported in the Bible. So I have no idea what he was referencing in those verses but they can be very easily misconstrued and likely this story is very complicated.

This is what happens when you attempt to use modern day values to interpret a society more than 2,000 years in the past.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

All these fancy new basketball courts are hideous! Some of them are so hard to find 3 pt. lines. 

https://www.si.com/college/2018/11/01/uic-flames-new-court-design

I can't tell where the half court line is for Oregon and yeah, a bunch of 3 point lines are hard to distinguish.   I'm pretty sure the conferences set the standard but the ncaa may ha e to step in as it's clearly getting out of control and becoming an issue.  

• Like 1