'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

I guess they've redefined the word "courage."

Link 

"It took a lot of courage. I don't think people realize how much courage it took for a guy who was there for three years, an All-American for the team."

Moving from one environment where you're pampered and make more money than the average American to another isn't "courage" son... 

🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Can't help but thing he'd be better served getting his degree.

My goodness, surely the kid has at least one degree(and I checked, he played 4 years so that's not guaranteed).   Only played 4 games his jr year.  I thought he sat out a year, must have been thinking Emmitt Holt.  

Probably his smartest play financially and in life would be to try and get a medical redshirt and use his covid year and get a masters degree.  Who is telling this kid he has a better chance to make money as a "professional" than as an NIL guy?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I guess they've redefined the word "courage."

Link 

"It took a lot of courage. I don't think people realize how much courage it took for a guy who was there for three years, an All-American for the team."

Moving from one environment where you're pampered and make more money than the average American to another isn't "courage" son... 

🙄

What's great about these NIL quotes coming out is the negative look for Michigan's recruiting.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Guess this was the big Rutgers news that was hinted a couple of weeks ago:

If accurate, this is further proof that no one cares about Rutgers. All of the potential for NIL in the NY metro area and they can't put together enough money? What does Rutgers bring to the B1G again?

Hello, Dylan Harper?

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard on the radio the word around the combine is Edey has a huge NIL deal and more than likely will be back at Purdue 

...but does anyone really believe it's $5-10 million?  If that was true, very few college players would jump early.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Heard on the radio the word around the combine is Edey has a huge NIL deal and more than likely will be back at Purdue 

I thought this was a really cool quote from Edey and speaks volumes to the kind of person he is:

It's that reality which explains why Purdue center Zach Edey is entertaining the possibility of returning to college basketball next season with the Boilermakers. Though he surely could have attracted high-dollar offers by entering the portal as well, there is a sense of mutual loyalty between Edey and Purdue that made transferring implausible for the 7-foot-4 star.

"I would never do something like that to Purdue," Edey said. "I owe Matt Painter the world, I owe (assistant) coach (Brandon) Brantley the world. I owe Purdue the world. I wouldn't mess around and threaten to go to a different school. I would just never do that. It's always been either Purdue or the NBA for me. There's no other option."

NBA Draft 2023: How college basketball's NIL rules give a viable option for pro prospects to return to school - CBSSports.com

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Are people quoting that number? That seems way too high. If I had to guess I’d go with maybe $2 tops. 

Supposedly a "national writer" said $5mm and possibly $10mm.  It was quoted here somewhere in this forum and I laughed when I saw it.  If NIL gets to that point, virtually no players will leave early.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Supposedly a "national writer" said $5mm and possibly $10mm.  It was quoted here somewhere in this forum and I laughed when I saw it.  If NIL gets to that point, virtually no players will leave early.

Do you know who? That would shock me for many reasons but the biggest reason is that I just couldn’t fathom Purdue off all places forking over that kind of cash for any player.