'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not in college basketball. It’s better than the Pac 12 and on par with the ACC…no I mean we might likely see multiple bids from MVC, American Athletic, mountain west, west coast etc.

Oh we will see multiple bids from the Mountain West...about 5 or 6.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Schertz could be the next Bruce Pearl.  D2 to mid major and on his way up.  System draws recruits and they are dynamic.  

He could.

There is a unique vacuum in coaching in terms of championship coaches right now. Unless I missed something, you’ve only got 7 active coaches with titles, two of which are Pitino and Izzo. Those two are getting up there in age.

Whats my point? Someone is going to hire one of these coaches in their 40s and get multiple titles. Schools like Michigan, Ohio State, and Louisville having openings right now with their resources and history worries me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Why is Dusty May not on the list? Is it that it is assumed he is FAU to IU? or is he not as highly thought of by others as your typical IU fan?

I'm guessing him choosing to stay at FAU is probably why. 

A quick Google search found these, nothing definitive just gives some insight. 

https://bustingbrackets.com/2023/09/16/top-15-college-basketball-coaches-on-the-rise-entering-2023-24-season/8/

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/college-basketball-coaching-carousel-hot-seat-eric-henderson-south-dakota-state-will-wade-mcneese-state-joe-pasternack-matt-langel-bart-lundy-mike-morrell-niko-medved--219316744/#2288075

5 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Why is Dusty May not on the list? Is it that it is assumed he is FAU to IU? or is he not as highly thought of by others as your typical IU fan?

I don’t know honestly, but I know if we had to pick a new coach today I’d be underwhelmed with him.

Not saying a strong finish to the year and another run couldn’t change that, but I need to know last year wasn’t a fluke. 

• Like 2

I view Dusty May differently than some of you. I see a coach with a great background, working his way up the ranks of coaching, and getting a bunch of 2-4 star guys to come to some unknown school in FL and be more than just a buy in game.

Of the games I've watched, his teams have been more than competitive in all of them. His guys are not nearly as talented as the "big schools", but he has a system that works and makes them a tough team to beat.

And his facilities are crap according to him from an interview I heard. They wouldn't even take recruits to the locker room on the tour.

On 2/9/2024 at 9:20 AM, ledies22 said:

That’s a downgrade for him…DePaul is one of the worst programs in D1. Have they had a winning season in the last 20 years…I think 1. It’s a bad program. He wouldn’t be on the list because they have no chance of landing him….they are going to be looking at high level D2 coaches who want to jump up.

Edited by dgambill

6 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

That jump ball late was a gift too! Talking about home cooking. UK guy clearly grabbed the Gonzaga guy across the wrists. Ike is TOUGH!

15 years on the job and the 3 straight home losses in conference has to be tough for sure...

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Illinois St who is God awful just cruised into Terre Haute and beat up the Sycamores by double digits. 

That’s an awful loss. Worse than Woody losing to Penn St at home.

It’s a lot easier flying under the radar with no expectations on your program. Keeping guys focused when there is no press and focus on them. Going from Hunter to Hunted…good luck ISU. They haven’t made the tournament yet…so people might want to save their accolades til they accomplish something first.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1