Transfer Targets

DC2345

11 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I've heard through the grapevine that IU will be very active in the portal...as in don't be surprised if it's in the upper teens in terms of number of new additions.  Obviously, I don't know if that is accurate or not.  Just what I've heard.  I have no sources inside the program.

not at all surprised if true...... If Coach Allen is planning on "cleaning house" on the offensive side of the ball, players may already be seeing things behind the scenes or hearing things. JMHO.

Edited by Artesian_86

16 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I've heard through the grapevine that IU will be very active in the portal...as in don't be surprised if it's in the upper teens in terms of number of new additions.  Obviously, I don't know if that is accurate or not.  Just what I've heard.  I have no sources inside the program.

I think you're right. We have scholarships.. use them. Like I think 12-13 at bare minimum. 

1. Please let it be true.

2. It's a big offseason for our young talent.  Let's hope some of these guys in the hopper emerge now.  Beau Robbins, Cameron Williams, Josh Sales, Khalil Benson, Jacquez Green, Jordyn Williams, Holt-Bennett...and a lot more.  

3.  We lose probably four guys on defense who will be on NFL rosters.  Micah, Jones, Matthews, Anderson.  I am assuming our corners are back.  That is a ton of production we will have to account for, and our offense needs jump started.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

29 minutes ago, rico said:

He would be the best experienced QB out there.  And leave it to you to not want a former Heisman hopeful.

I think he brings up a legitimate question.  Not only is Rattler no longer a Hesiman hopeful, he is no longer the future of that program.  He has been benched for a reason.  I think it’s reasonable to wonder why that is.  I certainly would still take him but Scott’s point isn’t incorrect.  He has absolutely struggled this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I think he brings up a legitimate question.  Not only is Rattler no longer a Hesiman hopeful, he is no longer the future of that program.  He has been benched for a reason.  I think it’s reasonable to wonder why that is.  I certainly would still take him but Scott’s point isn’t incorrect.  He has absolutely struggled this year.

Scott said we need an experienced QB. Rattler meets that criteria. His point about not wanting Rattler contradicts what he said he initially wanted 🤪

(just adding fuel to the flame)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Jalen Hurts got benched at 'Bama...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Scott said we need an experienced QB. Rattler meets that criteria. His point about not wanting Rattler contradicts what he said he initially wanted 🤪

(just adding fuel to the flame)

He ain't good enough for Oklahoma so he ain't good enough for us?  LOL

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

That really isn’t the point.  I would take Rattler for sure but just throwing out one name doesn’t invalidate concerns about why a guy got benched.

What I saw of Rattler was that he was a turnover machine...usually of the fumbling the ball variety.  When one is at a blueblood school there tends to be other highly regarded players behind you.  Lincoln decided to make the change.  Burrow left tOSU, Fields left UGA, etc. it happens all the time to even the great ones.

28 minutes ago, rico said:

What I saw of Rattler was that he was a turnover machine...usually of the fumbling the ball variety.  When one is at a blueblood school there tends to be other highly regarded players behind you.  Lincoln decided to make the change.  Burrow left tOSU, Fields left UGA, etc. it happens all the time to even the great ones.

I agree with all of that.  I disagree w Scott if he doesn’t want Rattler.  I guess I’ve become more skeptical as I have hit my 50s.  If Rattler comes here then fantastic, but I’m not going to get too excited because of those turnovers you mentioned until I actually see him play well for us.

2 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I agree with all of that.  I disagree w Scott if he doesn’t want Rattler.  I guess I’ve become more skeptical as I have hit my 50s.  If Rattler comes here then fantastic, but I’m not going to get too excited because of those turnovers you mentioned until I actually see him play well for us.

Well there was a reason that Rattler was on the Heisman list and that was his showing in the 2020 season.  

But it is all for naut.  The odds of landing Spencer are extremely low.  

55 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We could land Arch Manning and not win a conference game behind this OL. The rebuild better start in the trenches.

We better start combing the portal for O-lineman "rejects" from 'Bama, Georgia, tOSU, Michigan, and Notre Dame.  LOL And I am being serious.  

• Like 5