Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Didn't get to watch but snatches of the game.  Looks and Sounds like we played a 40 minutes.  Love to see that and happy to eat crow after feeling we were going to lay an egg on home court.  On to the BARN.  Take this energy to every game and we're a force to be reckoned with .

GO HOOSIERS VBG

We play in Assembly Hall not the Barn

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Two other things from last night...

Did anybody else notice that Parker Stewart was cutting hard off of screens and seemed to be more energized on defense? I know it didn't yield much in the way of results, but it's an encouraging sign to me...He also had a couple of nice drives/dump offs to Trayce...

The other thing is, how in the world di they not call a foul on EJ Liddell on Trey's lob to Trayce? When I saw it in real time, I was shocked at the force Liddell hit him with...I mean, I loved the bucket, but Trey could have been really hurt (again)...

Parker looked to put the ball on the floor for a dribble or two. Putting pressure on the defense rather than just pass or shoot. He definitely looked more aggressive and it was good to see from him 

• Like 4

Just now, 94hoosier said:

Parker looked to put the ball on the floor for a dribble or two. Putting pressure on the defense rather than just pass or shoot. He definitely looked more aggressive and it was good to see from him 

Kopp also added 2 or 3 floaters after driving, pump faking etc.

He has a solid mid range game, not just a spot up 3 point shooter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm not sure what in the heck TC has to do with this. We are better with Galloway off the bench, it balances everything out. You can't have THAT many non shooters on the court together. 

Are we sure he's not a good shooter?  Maybe teams know something we dont? OSU was running at him like his last name was Curry which allowed him to blow by his defender and make a play. If teams play him like that it might not matter how good of a shooter he is. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Are we sure he's not a good shooter?  Maybe teams know something we dont? OSU was running at him like his last name was Curry which allowed him to blow by his defender and make a play. If teams play him like that it might not matter how good of a shooter he is. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, they struggled with closeouts, that's for sure lol 

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Poor TJD probably gets shafted often bc we expect what he does. Sounds like an intelligent kid so I’m guessing he understands ….-the value, importance of confidence needed from the other guys. 

I'm going to guess TJD has won plenty of game balls. TJD was the MVP last night, as he is most nights. But, game balls are about guys stepping up, hustling and doing more than they have in the past. Seems like Trey earned this one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

I said it earlier, but it looked like OSU did not plan on Trey having the impact he did. I'm not sure if his addition to the line up took them by surprise, but they did not know how to defend him. Last year opponents did not let him penetrate like that after having his first few games on tape. Trey's smart enough to take advantage of those mistakes, and did he ever. 

• Like 1

What a nice surprise!

This game is a perfect example how this team would need to play moving forward. 

• Play tough defense every posession because our offense sucks
  • TJD has to bring it offensively every night
  • Keep the opponent under 60 points/game; otherwise, we pretty much lose

And the coaching staff needs to continue to groom X Johnson. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

What a nice surprise!

This game is a perfect example how this team would need to play moving forward. 

• Play tough defense every posession because our offense sucks
  • TJD has to bring it offensively every night
  • Keep the opponent under 60 points/game; otherwise, we pretty much lose

And the coaching staff needs to continue to groom X Johnson. 

They are not going to be able to keep every BIG team under 60, that's just not going to happen. Meaning if they have to do that every game, they aren't going to win many more games. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

They are not going to be able to keep every BIG team under 60, that's just not going to happen. Meaning if they have to do that every game, they aren't going to win many more games. 

We also aren't going to shoot 2/15 from three with the looks we got very often. It's so critique by saying the things we did really well won't happen that well every game but not acknowledge the things we did poorly won't also improve. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

We scored 67.  We don't have to keep teams under 60.  Just under 67.  :coffee:

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Agree with you. It's more of a wishful thinking. And it's not easy for all conditions to happen in a game. Keeping the other team under 60 wouldn't do much good if TJD has an off night. And yes I'm not expecting this team would win many games in BIG.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We play in Assembly Hall not the Barn

Which, IMO, is huge. Gets them a chance to get another W against a good team to build a little confidence for the upcoming road games. Feels like one of this team's biggest obstacles is mental, and last night should help that a great deal.

• Like 2

I thought everyone did a good job last night. Like seeing Kopp and Stewart shake things up a bit by putting the ball on the floor. Galloway’s energy is just on another level. We missed that I think. 

The only bummer for me watching on DVR is that I knew the made threes and once we hit that third one, I knew it was all bricks from there from 3. 

Glad that TJD made Lidell look like a child out there. It’s tough to shut Rafferty up, but TJD did a good job of that. 

• Like 1