Nebraska II Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

Just now, IUFLA said:

I don't know...Coach Woodson was barking at Trayce after the play...

Barking? No... yeah he probably said something to him, if he was upset at all he would have came out of the game. Hunter and Fife were both livid with the official, you can clearly see that on replay. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Barking? No... yeah he probably said something to him, if he was upset at all he would have came out of the game. Hunter and Fife were both livid with the official, you can clearly see that on replay. 

Oh, he definitely said something to Trayce...this is a moment after...CMW clapped his hands together hard, and says something to Trayce...Trayce is looking at him 

Screenshot_20220118-095835.png.fd9a3fafb9e14a3df7ea87b44cb1af04.png

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Suuuuuch a non issue. 

I guess...unless the guy hits both free throws and you lose by 1...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, he definitely said something to Trayce...this is a moment after...CMW clapped his hands together hard, and says something to Trayce...Trayce is looking at him 

Screenshot_20220118-095835.png.fd9a3fafb9e14a3df7ea87b44cb1af04.png

I guess...unless the guy hits both free throws and you lose by 1...

I cannot believe we are discussing this weak a** technical. Like I said, he said something to him, as far as him being upset with him? Nahhh, didn't even take him out of the game. 

Why would we lose that game by one? That game was never in doubt. He didn't even yell in the dudes face, the NEB player clearly turns his head and TJD is still there yelling. If he wanted to do it in his face he would have moved to be directly in front of that dude. He yelled for about one second and was running down the floor and the 75 year old official has a problem with a kid having fun... Technical. Ridiculous. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

We can agree to disagree on whether or not it should have been a technical, but I can assure you without a doubt, I would not want that called on the opposing team. 

Now, you guys are upset with TJD over this play? for real? That's my real confusion here or what I'm trying to understand. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We can agree to disagree on whether or not it should have been a technical, but I can assure you without a doubt, I would not want that called on the opposing team. 

Now, you guys are upset with TJD over this play? for real? That's my real confusion here or what I'm trying to understand. 

Knowing the emotions of any game, I don't think "upset" characterizes it...it's unnecessary in my mind, and could cost you a close game is all I'm saying...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Dude, that's a really bad technical lol I saw this view yesterday and then again today. Look at JG's reaction (who had the best view of the play) when the official calls the T. The NEB guy's head is literally turned by the time the scream happened. That's the official wanting something to be there, that isn't. 

And that's why I said over 50%of the time that's not called but Im also not going full homer and refusing to see that it wasn't slightly warranted given the situation of the game.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I cannot believe we are discussing this weak a** technical. Like I said, he said something to him, as far as him being upset with him? Nahhh, didn't even take him out of the game. 

Why would we lose that game by one? That game was never in doubt. He didn't even yell in the dudes face, the NEB player clearly turns his head and TJD is still there yelling. If he wanted to do it in his face he would have moved to be directly in front of that dude. He yelled for about one second and was running down the floor and the 75 year old official has a problem with a kid having fun... Technical. Ridiculous. 

Its dumb that we are dissecting this.  Its funny we both watched the same replay and cant see exactly what happened.  And with that ,i can still agree the ref sucked and it shouldn't have been a tech.  trayce typically turns to the bench and screams.  The way he landed he just so happened to be face to face, yes for a split second.  A split second too long.  

Can't believe 2 other things.  1. People were irate in the game thread about McGowens dunk pull up.  2. No one wants to talk about that XJ was real close to kicking a dude and had he followed through would probably be out the Purdue game as well as being kicked out there, which probably would have led to a loss.  People being mad at Trayce must be emotionless statues.  No mention that our point guard almost kicked a guy, even if it was slightly warranted.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Its dumb that we are dissecting this.  Its funny we both watched the same replay and cant see exactly what happened.  And with that ,i can still agree the ref sucked and it shouldn't have been a tech.  trayce typically turns to the bench and screams.  The way he landed he just so happened to be face to face, yes for a split second.  A split second too long.  

Can't believe 2 other things.  1. People were irate in the game thread about McGowens dunk pull up.  2. No one wants to talk about the XJ was real close to kicking a dude and had he followed through would probably be out the Purdue game as well as being kicked out there, which probably would have led to a loss.  People being mad at Trayce must be emotionless statues.  No mention that our point guard also kicked a guy, even if it was slightly warranted.  

Right? I just, idk, he T'ed him up....we move on. It didn't bother our team even in the least bit. Isn't this TJD's first T ever? Seems silly for the fans to let it bother them. Dude is a GREAT teammate. I also never dwell on one play. 

And I do mostly agree with you on the XJ play... stupid of him to flex his leg that way. 

But, NEB should have had one at half court when the dude jumped directly on top of XJ to get a jump and then proceeded to pick XJ up all of the floor trying to get to the ball, 4 seconds after the whistle. Then the dude flat out grabbed XJ's ankle, unwarrantedly, quite a bit after the whistle, as well... and that's what led to the kick attempt.  

• Like 1

The worst part wasn't it being a technical but it is a personal foul as well.  That tech gave him 3 fouls and then later got his 4th.

Edited by IU Scott

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If you are waiting on perfection you will be waiting for ever. No one is perfect just like no team or coaches are perfect

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Scott, it was TIC, making fun of the fact that some fans here demand perfection not realizing that perfect does not exist in sports.

Come on, Scott...sometimes you're a little too good at playing the straight man.  I knew immediately when I read that, it was sarcasm.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can't believe 2 other things.  1. People were irate in the game thread about McGowens dunk pull up.  2. No one wants to talk about that XJ was real close to kicking a dude and had he followed through would probably be out the Purdue game as well as being kicked out there, which probably would have led to a loss.  People being mad at Trayce must be emotionless statues.  No mention that our point guard almost kicked a guy, even if it was slightly warranted.  

See, I didn't see it as a kick at all.  He was trying to get his leg loose and the Nebraska player wouldn't let go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The worst part wasn't it being a technical but it is a personal foul as well.  That tech gave him 3 fouls and then later got his 4th.

Right.  I don't think he would have picked up his 4th without being hurt.. he fouled there to get himself out of the game. 

• Haha 1

I really don't understand the disagreement here.

TJD did his standard yell/flex celebration after a big dunk - it just so happens there was a guy's face a few inches from his yell this time. I don't think he was trying to yell in that dude's face, but he did. That's a T. If you want to say he should be more careful and make sure he doesn't start yelling until he's moved away from the other guy, I guess that's fair. But, he was letting out a burst of emotion - you don't really cage that up until the other guy moves aside.

X had his leg tangled in the other dude. I can't say whether the Nebraska guy did in on purpose or not, but X went to step, his leg was tangled and so he didn't take a normal step. Nothing about that replay suggests he did anything wrong at all.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@kyhoosier29 I'm confused, why was that your reaction to that? 

I was just laughing at the “fouling to get himself out of the game” comment. If he needed to get out of the game, he should have just gone down. Not sure why he needed to pick up his 4th without knowing for sure he wasn’t coming back. It doesn’t really matter either way at this point. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I was just laughing at the “fouling to get himself out of the game” comment. If he needed to get out of the game, he should have just gone down. Not sure why he needed to pick up his 4th without knowing for sure he wasn’t coming back. It doesn’t really matter either way at this point. 

You could see him foul on purpose that possession. He wanted to shoot the foul shots, but couldn't give it a go once he got to the defensive end. "just going down" doesn't stop the play, necessarily. He either gives up two points or fouls and takes his chances, pretty smart on his part. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

You could see him foul on purpose that possession. He wanted to shoot the foul shots, but couldn't give it a go once he got to the defensive end. "just going down" doesn't stop the play, necessarily. He either gives up two points or fouls and takes his chances, pretty smart on his part. 

👍

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

With how he shoots free throws he should have went out before the shots

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I see that you are on HSN during a teacher’s meeting like me!🤓🤣

• Like 1

Right? I just, idk, he T'ed him up....we move on. It didn't bother our team even in the least bit. Isn't this TJD's first T ever? Seems silly for the fans to let it bother them. Dude is a GREAT teammate. I also never dwell on one play. 

And I do mostly agree with you on the XJ play... stupid of him to flex his leg that way. 

But, NEB should have had one at half court when the dude jumped directly on top of XJ to get a jump and then proceeded to pick XJ up all of the floor trying to get to the ball, 4 seconds after the whistle. Then the dude flat out grabbed XJ's ankle, unwarrantedly, quite a bit after the whistle, as well... and that's what led to the kick attempt.  

Should have been a foul on mcgowns for diving in XJ when he had the ball. Should have been T for trying to rip the ball away after the whistle and let him get up. And the leg scissors should he’s been a T as well. Could have gave XJ a T for the fake kick as well. Horrible officiating in that sequence. 

• Like 3

I remember a time, not so long ago, when there was criticism on this board, mind you justified, that our team lacked fire. Played with no emotion. Seemed to be robotic or going through the motions. 

Now there's criticism over a guy showing that fire, that emotion...

Maybe TJD did get carried away a little. Even if he did, I'll take that all day over guys playing like zombies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2