Bracketology 2021-2022

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IA ST has 9 Quad 1 wins (9-7 in Q1 games). In all of CBB, only Baylor and Kansas have more. IU is 3-6 in Q1 games. 

Maybe.  But, Houston is 0-3 in Quad 1 games and is 4th in the NET.  Quad wins obviously do not mean what they are hyped to mean.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd really like to know how a 7-9 Iowa St team is slotted 7th in most brackets. What am I missing here? Sure they have a few quality wins...just like us. 

Conference records aren't (and can't be) used. Unbalanced scheduling, plus it's data that's contained by just looking at a team's overall body of work.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess....but sub .500 record in conference shouldn't have anyone on the good side of 8/9 line. 

So if IU finishes 9-11 in the Big Ten they should stay home while an 11-9 Virginia or Virginia Tech dances? 

I saw Lunardi was suggesting this as well and quite frankly anyone referencing conference records should have their bracketology license revoked. 😁

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Conference records aren't (and can't be) used. Unbalanced scheduling, plus it's data that's contained by just looking at a team's overall body of work.

So if IU finishes 9-11 in the Big Ten they should stay home while an 11-9 Virginia or Virginia Tech dances? 

I saw Lunardi was suggesting this as well and quite frankly anyone referencing conference records should have their bracketology license revoked. 😁

Not saying teams should stay home with sub .500 conference record for the reasons you stated and a couple others...but my issue is where they are seeded. 

PS....I haven't listened to Lunardi in about a decade. He (and Jerry Palm) have been consistently outside the top 50 and 100 for years.

Use Delphi Bracketology or Andy Bottoms is good too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not saying teams should stay home with sub .500 conference record for the reasons you stated and a couple others...but my issue is where they are seeded. 

PS....I haven't listened to Lunardi in about a decade. He (and Jerry Palm) have been consistently outside the top 50 and 100 for years.

Where do each of them

have IU?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Last 4 in and out was the most recent one I saw....not sure who the Delphi Bracket folks are but they've been on point for years. Currently have us as 11 seed I believe.

Coach Tonsoni from Assembly Call is the one who runs Delphi.  He is a teacher and a coach near Lafayette.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think we need 2 more wins unless it’s 1 win at Purdue (not happening).  I hope we don’t get UM in the B1G tournament we’ll get smoked.

DraftKings take:

• Rutgers at Indiana: The Scarlet Knights need to find at least one more big win, but the Hoosiers can’t afford to drop this one as they’re very much on the bubble themselves. This isn’t quite a loser-leaves-town scenario, but whomever falls likely needs to find at least one more Quad 1 win.

If IU would lose, PU would obviously be a Quad 1 opportunity (but an extreme long shot) and MI on a neutral court would be Quad 1. Rutgers wouldn't. So under the scenario of losing tonight (and not winning at Mackey), IU would have to beat MI in an 8/9 matchup or beat Rutgers in an 8/9 and then knock off a one-seed WI.  

16 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

DraftKings take:

• Rutgers at Indiana: The Scarlet Knights need to find at least one more big win, but the Hoosiers can’t afford to drop this one as they’re very much on the bubble themselves. This isn’t quite a loser-leaves-town scenario, but whomever falls likely needs to find at least one more Quad 1 win.

If IU would lose, PU would obviously be a Quad 1 opportunity (but an extreme long shot) and MI on a neutral court would be Quad 1. Rutgers wouldn't. So under the scenario of losing tonight (and not winning at Mackey), IU would have to beat MI in an 8/9 matchup or beat Rutgers in an 8/9 and then knock off a one-seed WI.  

So basically given our history in the BTT tonight is a must win?

I put this in the game thread, but thought it might fit better here:

Big game for a ton of reasons! 

One kind of under the radar is that a win tonight guarantees 12 is the most losses IU can have after the BTT. 

It also gives Rutgers their 13th loss and unless they went on a wild ride in the BTT, it ensures they'll have at least 14 losses. So essentially we eliminate Rutgers from the bubble with a win. 

Michigan also already has 12 losses with 2 more regular season games to go and the BTT. 

I know the committee doesn't specifically look at conference teams head-to-head, but we also know most bracketologists have IU, Rutgers and Michigan lumped pretty close together, and that it's tough for teams to make it with 13 losses, let alone 14.  

We do ourselves a ton of favors tonight with a win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I put this in the game thread, but thought it might fit better here:

Big game for a ton of reasons! 

One kind of under the radar is that a win tonight guarantees 12 is the most losses IU can have after the BTT. 

It also gives Rutgers their 13th loss and unless they went on a wild ride in the BTT, it ensures they'll have at least 14 losses. So essentially we eliminate Rutgers from the bubble with a win. 

Michigan also already has 12 losses with 2 more regular season games to go and the BTT. 

I know the committee doesn't specifically look at conference teams head-to-head, but we also know most bracketologists have IU, Rutgers and Michigan lumped pretty close together, and that it's tough for teams to make it with 13 losses, let alone 14.  

We do ourselves a ton of favors tonight with a win. 

You can say that again!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

TCU punched their ticket in last night, Indiana can do the same tonight imo.  Beat Rutgers and we're in imo.  Committee isn't likely to leave a 19 win IU team out, for various reasons.

We got no favors last night from around the country.

19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

OK, well conference record is even less relevant for seeding. :)

B12 teams benefit having only 10 teams in that league which really means less awful teams and inflated metrics. Helps having all those conference games as Q1/Q2. Big Ten was like that last year but it's every season in the B12.

• Like 1