Bracketology 2021-2022

10 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

What I saw was Drake with a 12/13 seed and UNI with a 14.  Loyola was either last 4 in or first out.  They had to win today.

Doesn't matter now as Loyola is off the bubble with the win.  Guess UNI and Drake should both be on the bubble now.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I think you just saw them in bc they were the highest seed remaining in their conference tournament (they were #3, Loyola #4), so they were in as an automatic qualifier. Otherwise they didn’t have a shot. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think you just saw them in bc they were the highest seed remaining in their conference tournament (they were #3, Loyola #4), so they were in as an automatic qualifier. Otherwise they didn’t have a shot. 

Yea maybe.  Just saw Lunardi had 2 MVC schools in.  Probably didn't matter who won today(only 1 MVC) looking at it as Loyola probably wouldn't have got in had they not won.  

I don't know about yall but I'm so sick of being a bubble team.

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Why?

I would rather play Wisconsin but the Illini are very beatable. Get kofi in foul trouble.  Force them in tough 3s. They do make several of those. No reason to think IU can’t beat them. 

If I was ranking the 13 teams in order with 1 being the team I would most want to play and 13 being the one I least want to play, Illinois would be 13.  And, it's not really close.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Why?

I would rather play Wisconsin but the Illini are very beatable. Get kofi in foul trouble.  Force them in tough 3s. They do make several of those. No reason to think IU can’t beat them. 

In our game with UI we were up 4 with 13 to go in the game.

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

Yea maybe.  Just saw Lunardi had 2 MVC schools in.  Probably didn't matter who won today(only 1 MVC) looking at it as Loyola probably wouldn't have got in had they not won.  

I don't know about yall but I'm so sick of being a bubble team.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I'm with ya!

I yearn for the day when the Hoosiers can finally kick that frickin' door wide open!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 94hoosier said:

Why?

@5fouls answered it. Illinois is the worst possible matchup for us. We typically have an advantage inside, but against them we don’t have an advantage anywhere. Go Iowa. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Everyone is saying Ill. not a good matchup for the Hoosiers, and I agree. But let's not forget Mich. They did beat IU at home, by double digits...

Given our history at the Big 10 Tourney I would hope we wouldn't be overlooking anyone. Great chance to bolster our resume this week. Comes down to this one week. Hopefully we get Trey back and come back fully loaded.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Late 90's I believe the Illini almost did that....they literally just ran out of gas in 2nd half of championship game. 

Yep.  I was at that game.  Went in as the 11 (last seed at the time) and almost pulled it off.  Saw the first 4 BTT in their entirity.

• Like 1