Bracketology 2021-2022

Unless there's a record number of bid stealers, I like our chances regardless of tomorrow.

From Lunardi's most recent tweet, he moved IU up to the last team in, and UM down to the last "bye" team.  He still has Wake Forest and Xavier in front of IU, but I don't see how the actual committee seeds any of those teams ahead of IU now.

As of yesterday, IU was 43 in the NET, Wake was 44, Xavier was 40, and UM was 31.  I don't see how the committee justifies any of them ahead of IU at this point;  All three lost their opening round game, and IU just beat UM head-to-head.

Furthermore, our NET will likely go up this evening, and it will also likely go up after we play Illinois, win or lose.

29 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Unless there's a record number of bid stealers, I like our chances regardless of tomorrow.

From Lunardi's most recent tweet, he moved IU up to the last team in, and UM down to the last "bye" team.  He still has Wake Forest and Xavier in front of IU, but I don't see how the actual committee seeds any of those teams ahead of IU now.

As of yesterday, IU was 43 in the NET, Wake was 44, Xavier was 40, and UM was 31.  I don't see how the committee justifies any of them ahead of IU at this point;  All three lost their opening round game, and IU just beat UM head-to-head.

Furthermore, our NET will likely go up this evening, and it will also likely go up after we play Illinois, win or lose.

That's just idiotic to have Xavier still ranked ahead of us.  Wake, you can make the argument they have a better overall record.  Michigan, you can make an argument that they beat us easily in Bloomington earlier in the season.  

Xavier though?  There is absolutely nothing there that is in their favor.  Nothing.  Except maybe non-conference SOS.  In KenPom, we are 43 and Xavier is 59.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Or Wake Forest. ACC was way down this year 

Wake Forest has 23 wins and actually has a higher KenPom than us.  The ACC may be down from an elite team standpoint behind Duke, but don't be surprised if they show better in the tournament than the Big Ten.  

Xavier, however, is just absurd.  I can find 6-8 teams that deserve to be in ahead of Xavier.