Jump to content

OSU Post Game Thread


Huntnfreak
 Share

Recommended Posts

Losing programs with rotten cultures have a knack for finding ways to lose. I'm sorry, but if you're an NCAA tournament team you HAVE to win when you're up 4 with the ball and 1:30 left. Take any team from the field of 68 and I bet more than half of them win in that scenario. 

 

Been saying this for awhile now, but I'm not sure this program ever gets fixed. 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well once again it comes down to executing at the end of the game and we spend 12 seconds with two guys trying to feed the ball to Trayce only have the defender intercept the pass. It was almost like he knew we were going to throw that pass. 🤪 I'm sure that is exactly what Woodson drew up though

Edited by HoosierDPU95
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is getting exhausting...

At least we played hard and came back when down 8-10 midway through the 2nd half. We didn't give up and played hard. 

The fact that we keep having to say that as a morale victory is tiring though. 

This roster needs a big talent upgrade on the perimeter. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the last few minutes we had 4 possessions with a 4 point lead and a chance to extend the lead to 6 or 7.  OSU was on the ropes and couldn't hit but we gave them hope and we couldn't finish.

When your two best players are big men and can't create on their own you will struggle in late game situations.  Trace and his missed free throws and his usual missed bunnies cost us.  The difference between us and other teams are our lack of wing players who can score and who are athletic.

We lose 5 games in a row and had leads in tbe second half in each game

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Microcosm of the season. Blown opportunities, missed free throws, questionable coaching. XJ both keeping us in the game, and making plays that lose the game. Good Miller Kopp, bad Miller Kopp.  Stewart coming alive on offense, but not being able to stop the drive over and over. Getting blown out, and then being in perfect position to win. Guy on the other team who averages 3 a game, going off.  This one had it all. Not to mention it’s pretty hard to lose by 11 in overtime. When anger and frustration turns to apathy, that is the moment the fan base is lost. I am there. Too much emotion to put on the shoulders of 20 year olds. Even if they are 20 year olds who can’t shoot free throws. Season done. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Losing programs with rotten cultures have a knack for finding ways to lose. I'm sorry, but if you're an NCAA tournament team you HAVE to win when you're up 4 with the ball and 1:30 left. Take any team from the field of 68 and I bet more than half of them win in that scenario. 

 

Been saying this for awhile now, but I'm not sure this program ever gets fixed. 

We absolutely gave that game away at the end of regulation. Plenty of blame to go around, but Race throwing that ball away when we’re up by four with 1:30 to go is inexcusable, and our All American disappeared in crunch time. On to next year.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

We absolutely gave that game away at the end of regulation. Plenty of blame to go around, but Race throwing that ball away when we’re up by four with 1:30 to go is inexcusable, and our All American disappeared in crunch time. On to next year.

TJD always disappears at crunch time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I’ll ask the question:

You are Mike Woodson… This off-season do you blow the roster up (Crean them) and restart with a whole new crew or run it back 1 more year with basically the same results then maybe sneak in. 

I’d rather just blow it up for the most part. Keep Geronimo, Leal, Galloway and Bates and just start over. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cbp4IU said:

I’ll ask the question:

You are Mike Woodson… This off-season do you blow the roster up (Crean them) and restart with a whole new crew or run it back 1 more year with basically the same results then maybe sneak in. 

I’m ready for a blow-up! Not sure I want any of the “one year left” guys returning.  Give me the freshmen back and hit the portal hard to find tough nosed kids that don’t wilt at the end of games. Preferably ones that can shoot a little bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Microcosm of the season. Blown opportunities, missed free throws, questionable coaching. XJ both keeping us in the game, and making plays that lose the game. Good Miller Kopp, bad Miller Kopp.  Stewart coming alive on offense, but not being able to stop the drive over and over. Getting blown out, and then being in perfect position to win. Guy on the other team who averages 3 a game, going off.  This one had it all. Not to mention it’s pretty hard to lose by 11 in overtime. When anger and frustration turns to apathy, that is the moment the fan base is lost. I am there. Too much emotion to put on the shoulders of 20 year olds. Even if they are 20 year olds who can’t shoot free throws. Season done. 

I actually thought Woodson did a good job tonight and didn't see any questionable coaching tonight.  He put the players in position to succeed and that is all a coach can do.  Tonight at the end was about player execution and our lack of play makers on the perimeter.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I’ll ask the question:

You are Mike Woodson… This off-season do you blow the roster up (Crean them) and restart with a whole new crew or run it back 1 more year with basically the same results then maybe sneak in. 

Well I am sure he would like to get an upgrade in talent and there probably will be a lot of turnover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I’ll ask the question:

You are Mike Woodson… This off-season do you blow the roster up (Crean them) and restart with a whole new crew or run it back 1 more year with basically the same results then maybe sneak in. 

We need a massive upgrade in talent at the point guard and both wing spots. 

We need a team that is not built around a post oriented offense. 

I'm a supporter of this staff. But, you don't hire a 63 year old lifetime NBA guy and bring in Thad Matta to consult, and the staff that's been built, for a 4 year build. 

You bring those guys in for a fast turnaround built around getting players (by players I mean ballers) fast. 

I'm not saying completely cleanhouse, but this roster also isn't where it needs to be. You don't win Big Ten Titles with a roster that has zero NBA players on it. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IU Scott said:

I actually thought Woodson did a good job tonight and didn't see any questionable coaching tonight.  He put the players in position to succeed and that is all a coach can do.  Tonight at the end was about player execution and our lack of play makers on the perimeter.

But a question @IU Scott, why didn't Geronimo play after halftime, and why did he leave the guy who had given us a spark out for pretty much the last 10 minutes?

Stewart wasn't providing anything on the offensive end, and into wasn't like he could cover Malaki Branham...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I actually thought Woodson did a good job tonight and didn't see any questionable coaching tonight.  He put the players in position to succeed and that is all a coach can do.  Tonight at the end was about player execution and our lack of play makers on the perimeter.

I think I disagree. Instead of doing what ever team knows he going to do (and which osu not only anticipated but defended when they were down 4 with 1:30, go back to the  foul-line screen for Kopp or Stewart and open the lane.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...