Jump to content

2023 Class Rankings and Discussion


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

So summing up 2023...

We already have Cupps and Newton committed...

By my count, we'll have 4 scholarships available (TJD, Race, XJ, and Kopp leaving)

So that leaves 2 open...

If Page commits, does that take us out of the Booker sweepstakes?

And from what I've read on here, most would prefer Kaiser over Harris-Smith, correct?

Or will we play the "oversign" game (I hope not)... 

 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO, Harris Smith would be the back up choice for Kaiser. You would think Booker would be a priority and he'll have a spot if he wants one. Taking Page makes me think odds aren't as high for Booker. We would have Logan at C with Banks, Newton, Kaiser? and Page? then. If we oversign, I'd have to believe coaches know someone is likely not to be back- whether a transfer or early departure to the NBA. If JHS, is doing that well, maybe he leaves and Harris Smith takes his spot?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So summing up 2023...

We already have Cupps and Newton committed...

By my count, we'll have 4 scholarships available (TJD, Race, XJ, and Kopp leaving)

So that leaves 2 open...

If Page commits, does that take us out of the Booker sweepstakes?

And from what I've read on here, most would prefer Kaiser over Harris-Smith, correct?

Or will we play the "oversign" game (I hope not)... 

 

We are out of Booker sweepstakes already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

TJD won’t be a high draft pick….

NIL 💰 and a masters degree?

Geez, what is this? Clairvoyant Day?

First sentence remains to be seen...

That said, I don't think there's any way Trayce is coming back to play for IU next year... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 1:15 PM, IUFLA said:

So summing up 2023...

We already have Cupps and Newton committed...

By my count, we'll have 4 scholarships available (TJD, Race, XJ, and Kopp leaving)

So that leaves 2 open...

If Page commits, does that take us out of the Booker sweepstakes?

And from what I've read on here, most would prefer Kaiser over Harris-Smith, correct?

Or will we play the "oversign" game (I hope not)... 

 

We will have a transfer or two….and that doesn’t mean that is bad…just the new way things work. Don’t think we will ever see a year where we don’t have some transfers…the portal has just changed the game that much. Question will simply be who goes….but someone will.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We will have a transfer or two….and that doesn’t mean that is bad…just the new way things work. Don’t think we will ever see a year where we don’t have some transfers…the portal has just changed the game that much. Question will simply be who goes….but someone will.

But by oversigning you change transfers from a possibility or probability, to an inevitability, no?

That's what I'm a bit uncomfortable with. If no one beyond the 4 that graduate wants to go, then you're looking at booting kids who want to be at IU, and have put work in to help the program...

And I think we all know the kids we're talking about... 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But by oversigning you change transfers from a possibility or probability, to an inevitability, no?

That's what I'm a bit uncomfortable with. If no one beyond the 4 that graduate wants to go, then you're looking at booting kids who want to be at IU, and have put work in to help the program...

And I think we all know the kids we're talking about... 

 

I don't like it when done to extremes.  (6 guys for 3 spots)

However- if basically got 4 commitments from lets say Cupps, Newton, Kaiser, and Page, would we accept a late commitment from Booker?  I think we all know the answer to that.  

Edited by Blazin Hazin
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blazin Hazin said:

I don't like it when done to extremes.  (6 guys for 3 spots)

However- if we basically got 4 commitments from lets say Cupps, Newton, Kaiser, and Page, would we accpept a late commitment from Booker?  I think we all know the answer to that.  

I understand what you're saying, just not comfortable with it...

But, in Woody I Trust... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I understand what you're saying, just not comfortable with it...

But, in Woody I Trust... 

agree…shouldn’t be the normal way of doing things nor do I like it.  I also like to have a spot open for a portal guy too…but I think it’s an inevitability. 13 kids and 3-4 not playing…someone is going to want to find playing time elsewhere.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...