IU football program going forward.

IU Scott

I think we can mainly all agree that Allen will be back next year. First he really needs to re recruit last year's recruits and keepnthem from wanting to transfer.

Second he needs to go out trynto recruit some uncommitted high school players because this class is not big on n size or quality. We already had two decommit and won't be surprised with more.

Hit the portal but I haven't been real impressed with our transfers from the last two years. This year Shivers and Henderson was pretty good but the rest were marginal at best. The problem is that we won't be able to land the top guys in the portal who might he second on the depth chart at a major program. They will look at other top programs that they can start. We get guys who probably are 3rd or 4th on the depth chart at top programs that will never see major time at their schools.  If their is a top ayer at a smaller school they will try to move up higher than iU. 

Hit the Jucos and we did well with Camper this year.

As for the coaching staff I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of new guys come in on both sides of the ball.  Hopefully we can keep the interim OL coach because I cod see a difference in the line the last couple of weeks.

So what does everyone think that needs to happen this off season.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think we can mainly all agree that Allen will be back next year. First he really needs to re recruit last year's recruits and keepnthem from wanting to transfer.

Second he needs to go out trynto recruit some uncommitted high school players because this class is not big on n size or quality. We already had two decommit and won't be surprised with more.

Hit the portal but I haven't been real impressed with our transfers from the last two years. This year Shivers and Henderson was pretty good but the rest were marginal at best. The problem is that we won't be able to land the top guys in the portal who might he second on the depth chart at a major program. They will look at other top programs that they can start. We get guys who probably are 3rd or 4th on the depth chart at top programs that will never see major time at their schools.  If their is a top ayer at a smaller school they will try to move up higher than iU. 

Hit the Jucos and we did well with Camper this year.

As for the coaching staff I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of new guys come in on both sides of the ball.  Hopefully we can keep the interim OL coach because I cod see a difference in the line the last couple of weeks.

So what does everyone think that needs to happen this off season.

Unless we're going to run an Air Raid type of offense, we need mobile quarterbacks.  Whoever chose CB for this offense, and stuck with him without challenge all season, needs to answer for it. Cost the team a bowl game.

Go get Western Kentucky's qb and OC. Unfortunately our QB1 spot is wide open next year with Dexter's injury.

15 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Unless we're going to run an Air Raid type of offense, we need mobile quarterbacks.  Whoever chose CB for this offense, and stuck with him without challenge all season, needs to answer for it. Cost the team a bowl game.

Go get Western Kentucky's qb and OC. Unfortunately our QB1 spot is wide open next year with Dexter's injury.

The last two weeks proved this offense looks better with a mobile QB. Not saying I want to run players off but I won't be disappointed if Bazelak and Tuttle transfers. Also if William amsbinjurynis a broken leg then there might be a better chance for him to play early next year. We have Dorsby but he isn't close to being ready so we need to go to the portal or juco to look for two mobile QB's

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The last two weeks proved this offense looks better with a mobile QB. Not saying I want to run players off but I won't be disappointed if Bazelak and Tuttle transfers. Also if William amsbinjurynis a broken leg then there might be a better chance for him to play early next year. We have Dorsby but he isn't close to being ready so we need to go to the portal or juco to look for two mobile QB's

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the improved OL play since Cary took over.

• Like 3

CTA is not a great strategist, or a great offensive coach, etc.  He is great at selling the program, motivating people. and creating a good culture.  He has recruited more talent than any IU coach.  He needs to hire coaches that can develop that talent and help with strategy.  He caught lightning in a bottle with DeBoer.  But that's what we need to compete at IU in football.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This program isn’t worth paying attention to right now. The only momentum the program has is headed in a downward spiral and it’s going to likely get much worse. The transfer portal is likely to get very interesting and not in a positive way for the program. 

Is it the assumption that players transferring would all be due to NIL (aside from the obvious deal with McCullough and his dad)?