Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rabjohns posted a story on Romeo...Romeo brushes off the Friday commitment rumor as "Twitter nonsense".

That's about what I figured. The only thing I didn't know was that it started on Twitter.

I think we can put another rumor to bed...that IU is out of it.  That looks to be complete nonsense.  May have been true at the time it was said, but several of us said at the time (correctly) that it was a long time to go until the spring signing period.  No sense getting too excited or dejected at this point.  It's way early.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That's about what I figured. The only thing I didn't know was that it started on Twitter.

I think we can put another rumor to bed...that IU is out of it.  That looks to be complete nonsense.  May have been true at the time it was said, but several of us said at the time (correctly) that it was a long time to go until the spring signing period.  No sense getting too excited or dejected at this point.  It's way early.

Actually, there never was any truth to the rumor that IU was out of it.   I won't go into details, but IU was, and still is, a legit member of Romeo's final three.   

Friday is also the MSU game.. I would find the timing strange for him to announce shortly after his game, which would be somewhere in the latter stages of the first half of the IU game.

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Friday is also the MSU game.. I would find the timing strange for him to announce shortly after his game, which would be somewhere in the latter stages of the first half of the IU game.

After Recker phone/faxed his desire to transfer knowing full well Knight was in Cuba at the time and couldn't be reached personally....I've given up on trying to understand why kids or their family members do certain things.

With that said. Nothing the Langford's have done to this point tells me they would do anything that isn't on the up or straight forward. Seems like good people all around Romeo. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Pretty much falls in line with the intel that has been coming my way.

Mile, thank you for the information you posted a couple of days ago. It was great hearing that Romeo and the other recruits were at the game. That says something in my opinion. I have chosen not to invest much time into whether he comes or not. If he does great, if he doesn't Coach Miller will figure it out. Garland's recruitment was enough recruiting drama for me.

Great win by the Hoosier's on Sunday. It was great seeing Clifton Moore and Justin Smith on the court together. The future looks good with those two young men. 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You are welcome.  And like you, not getting heavily invested in recruits... after the "Garland affair".  Having said that, I do continue to get solid recruiting info.... which I will continue to pass along from time to time. 

Have you heard if Romeo is going to wait all the way until the April signing period to commit or wait until after his season is over.  Did your source say that something changed lately for IU regarding Romeo or was the rumors about him not looking at IU wrong

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Have you heard if Romeo is going to wait all the way until the April signing period to commit or wait until after his season is over.  Did your source say that something changed lately for IU regarding Romeo or was the rumors about him not looking at IU wrong

All that passed to me... and all that changed, was that IU chances had improved. 

We’re gonna have a much better supporting cast of players around Romeo if he comes here than Vandy - regardless of Darius and Sittu. Those two aren’t difference makers like Romeo, and I’m not trading Morgan for Sittu. Also, Vandy is AWFUL this year. Lastly, let’s not forget Jerome Hunter. He has the potential to be special - I think he could start next year as a freshman along with Romeo. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

We’re gonna have a much better supporting cast of players around Romeo if he comes here than Vandy - regardless of Darius and Sittu. Those two aren’t difference makers like Romeo, and I’m not trading Morgan for Sittu. Also, Vandy is AWFUL this year. Lastly, let’s not forget Jerome Hunter. He has the potential to be special - I think he could start next year as a freshman along with Romeo. 

I would agree with this. Shitty or however you spell his name will absolutely not be as good as Morgan.. and collectively, I believe RP, Durham, and Green will be solid as well. Throw in Smith, Hunter, Davis, McRoberts.

RP

Romeo

Hunter

Smith

Morgan

Davis(will still see plenty of time), McRoberts, Green, Durham (some Anderson) off the bench. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would agree with this. Shitty or however you spell his name will absolutely not be as good as Morgan.. and collectively, I believe RP, Durham, and Green will be solid as well. Throw in Smith, Hunter, Davis, McRoberts.

RP

Romeo

Hunter

Smith

Morgan

Davis(will still see plenty of time), McRoberts, Green, Durham (some Anderson) off the bench. 

That is what I'm saying...Morgan > Sittu.  Morgan could be all big ten the next couple years

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He'll be first team All Big ten this year. 

He’s as good as any forward in the conference, but I don’t think he’ll be first team this year. Happ, Bridges, and Bates-Diop will all be ahead of him.  Could see them putting Wagner, Haas, Edwards, and Murphy in front of him as well.  Lot of good forwards in the Big Ten this year.

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

He’s as good as any forward in the conference, but I don’t think he’ll be first team this year. Happ, Bridges, and Bates-Diop will all be ahead of him.  Could see them putting Wagner, Haas, Edwards, and Murphy in front of him as well.  Lot of good forwards in the Big Ten this year.

As far as I know, they don't go by position? Maybe I'm wrong. Bridges, Happ, Morgan, Diop.. and... idk

Selling next year's team does not win you Romeo.  It's the year AFTER.  Romeo wants to go to the Final Four and have a chance at a Championship.  That's probably too much to ask of next year's team that would quite possibly be starting 3 freshmen.  Romeo's sophomore year, however. could be huge, especially if Archie can land an additional top recruit or two for '19.

I like all the incoming freshman, but let’s not get crazy... if Romeo were to come, he’d definitely be our starting 2 guard. But Davis, Morgan, Durham and Smith are right there with him. I like RP a lot, but he’s not coming in and starting right away. If he did somehow manage such a feat, it would be because he’s busted his ass in practice and has earned it. I still see Durham and Green getting a good portion of the ball handling duties next year, as long as they continue to develop and play within themselves.

Archived