Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Vandy, I haven’t seen this discussed here yet.  Shittu injured his knee at the beginning of the month and was scheduled for an MRI.  Apparently he may be out for the rest of the season, but I haven’t been able to find any updates on what the results of the MRI were.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/01/04/vanderbilt-commit-simi-shittu-undergo-mri-knee/

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I know he tweeted it, I'm thinking Mile got it from somewhere besides a tweet. 

Yep.  Got it from an unrelated media type.  However, I am now wondering as to the veracity of his info.  Yet.... I do appreciate the intel.  Been spot on in the past.  Much of which I have never passed on.  Kind of wish I had kept this to myself this time. 

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yep.  Got it from an unrelated media type.  However, I am now wondering as to the veracity of his info.  Yet.... I do appreciate the intel.  Been spot on in the past.  Much of which I have never passed on.  Kind of wish I had kept this to myself this time. 

I think it just means that sometimes even good sources are just parroting information. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Can anyone post a synopsis of where things are at as of 1/18? Are we feeling better or just same as one of final 3? I know things change. Wish I had information to share but my well has dried up in Southern Indiana. 

I think we are the front runner. Vanderbilt is Vanderbilt with no basketball tradition plus an awful team this year, and then you have Kansas? Kansas right now has a cloud over their program with one of their players ineligible to play because he was driving a Lamborghini...coincidence? I think not.   

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can anyone post a synopsis of where things are at as of 1/18? Are we feeling better or just same as one of final 3? I know things change. Wish I had information to share but my well has dried up in Southern Indiana. 

You’re going to get a variety of answers. I think all three teams have an equal shot. 

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Why do you think IU pulled even? On court play? Or all due to Mama Langford?

Honestly, it is not me. Thinking.  It is simply what I have been told.  With no explanation given.

One thing I never do, is challenge a source.  I am like a sponge.  I just take in the information.  And at times pass it along. Unless told not to.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yeah that's what I figured. Did your source give a reason behind the jump? Seems strange that IU would have re-entered the mix out of nowhere. But it does coincide with better play on the court.

I edited my post  while you were sending your reply.  Answer is now there. 

40 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yeah that's what I figured. Did your source give a reason behind the jump? Seems strange that IU would have re-entered the mix out of nowhere. But it does coincide with better play on the court.

If it's going by play on the court (which I don't think this is his main focus) then it would be Kansas, Indiana, Vanderbilt

Let me preface this with, who am I to tell a kid I've never met and know nothing about (other than he's good at basketball) where he should go to school. Langford should do this on whatever timeline suits him and choose wherever he wants. 

With that said, and through my IU-colored glasses, I don't see why IU shouldn't be the obvious choice?

As has been mentioned, Vandy is Vandy. I just don't get it. They have two other 5*'s which is appealing and apparently Garland and Langford are friends of some sort, but I just don't see the appeal beyond that. Bad arena, no fan support, terrible team, no tradition, unproven coach, etc., etc. 

Kansas is clearly really appealing. They're a blue blood with a successful coach, great facilities, an amazing fan base, the program has experience with 1 and 2 and done players, etc. But, they also have tons of talent to compete with for time/opportunity, and the big red flag is that the Langord's seem to want to avoid NCAA impropriety and while Kansas hasn't been accused of anything in the FBI case, they currently have a top ranked player suspended because of an investigation into the fact that he claims to own a Lamborghini. It's also not the first time they've had top recruits have to miss time because of NCAA issues. Self even had to skip a meeting with Langford to attend to Preston/investigation issue. 

Then you have IU. The clear negatives are a new coach who he's had to build a new relationship with, and a poor start to this season (though that should be expected to an extent with a new coach). Outside of that, you have tradition, potential for legendary, hometown status, a glaring hole at his position and for what his talent brings (wing/backcourt scorer), amazing facilities, amazing fanbase, a really strong recruiting class coming in, and potentially (if Morgan is back) a really strong, experienced returning cast with a leader (again Morgan) at a different position.

It just seems so clear to me. Caveat though, I am leaving out a lot of personal preference things like major he wants, preference over the type of school (country, city, etc.) he prefers, and those types of things which come into play. 

Archived