Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

From everyone that I have talked to he is a great kid and a really good student.  I think a year in a college weight program will do him wonders.

I just thought it was really cool he leveled East and immediately helped him up. When he got his 4th and 5th fouls he didn't complain at all and when he got to the bench he was visibly upset and almost crying just because he cared that much. Pretty cool. 

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Where you from, bud?

My same thought and question immediately.  When NA or Jeff travels anywhere in a 20 mile radius, except into Louisville of course, they are greeted with a packed house, most with a massive student section center court(Silver Creek), fired up for the chance to beat the giant.  Sure it may only happen once every 10 tries or so but I have been on the court(jv years) and in the student section(senior year) rushing the court and celebrating a victory.  The local bands are always rocking as well.  

15 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

My same thought and question immediately.  When NA or Jeff travels anywhere in a 20 mile radius, except into Louisville of course, they are greeted with a packed house, most with a massive student section center court(Silver Creek), fired up for the chance to beat the giant.  Sure it may only happen once every 10 tries or so but I have been on the court(jv years) and in the student section(senior year) rushing the court and celebrating a victory.  The local bands are always rocking as well.  

Where did you go

17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks btown.. How did Romeo do? Any IU chants???

No IU chants. He played well.. scored 36, but I thought defensively he was fantastic. He actually has a bloody nose, sprained ankle (possibly a cramp), and a wrist injury. The wrist injury bothered him all game. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No IU chants. He played well.. scored 36, but I thought defensively he was fantastic. He actually has a bloody nose, sprained ankle (possibly a cramp), and a wrist injury. The wrist injury bothered him all game. 

Thanks Again. I'm watching it now. Man IU can really use this kid, so silky smooth.

He just makes everyone around him so much better

10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks Again. I'm watching it now. Man IU can really use this kid, so silky smooth.

He just makes everyone around him so much better

Sad that you are watching a kid who may or may not be a Hoosier versus watching kids who are out there trying to represent the university you claim to follow. Easy to cheer for a team when things are going well. More important to back a team that is struggling 

27 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Sad that you are watching a kid who may or may not be a Hoosier versus watching kids who are out there trying to represent the university you claim to follow. Easy to cheer for a team when things are going well. More important to back a team that is struggling 

Not sad at all, I'll bet a lot of IU fans watched the game. BTW, I've been a fan for the last 40 plus years so believe me, I've seen some lean years.

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not sad at all, I'll bet a lot of IU fans watched the game. BTW, I've been a fan for the last 40 plus years so believe me, I've seen some lean years.

That's your opinion. I have been here since early 70's so know the ups and downs. Still  makes no sense as to fawning over a kid who has yet to commit to the candy stripes. 

Regardless of talent there were 8-10 kids on the floor trying their best to represent IU

2 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

That's your opinion. I have been here since early 70's so know the ups and downs. Still  makes no sense as to fawning over a kid who has yet to commit to the candy stripes. 

Regardless of talent there were 8-10 kids on the floor trying their best to represent IU

He’s the best HS player we’ve seen in a long time.  Plus you could’ve watched the whole game and only missed 5 minutes of the IU game.

38 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Likewise, that's your opinion. I chose not to watch tonights game, I knew it was going to be a bloodbath. I didn't want to deal with the angst. Does that make a bad fan? I don't think so. Tell you what though, you watch what you want and I'll do the same without any comments from you. Deal?

26 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Likewise, that's your opinion. I chose not to watch tonights game, I knew it was going to be a bloodbath. I didn't want to deal with the angst. Does that make a bad fan? I don't think so. Tell you what though, you watch what you want and I'll do the same without any comments from you. Deal?

Do what is best for your mental health. You aren't less of a fan for it. 

Archived