Romeo Langford

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Likewise, that's your opinion. I chose not to watch tonights game, I knew it was going to be a bloodbath. I didn't want to deal with the angst. Does that make a bad fan? I don't think so. Tell you what though, you watch what you want and I'll do the same without any comments from you. Deal?

I will watch every game no matter the outcome and that is what fans do.  If an outcome of a game makes you that miserable where you can't watch the game maybe it is best for you not to watch.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will watch every game no matter the outcome and that is what fans do.  If an outcome of a game makes you that miserable where you can't watch the game maybe it is best for you not to watch.

What happens if I miss a reds game?.. is there an award for "the biggest fan"? 

My son and I went to a high school game to watch his school in a key conference matchup instead of staying home and watching IU.  Does that make me a bad IU fan? 

I set the DVR for IU, but based on the result, I will not watch it.  Does that make me a bad IU fan? 

I also set the DVR for Romeo's game, not as an IU fan, but as a fan who has been following Romeo for a long time.  I will watch his game.  Does that make me a bad IU fan?

And, of the three things above, I would still done #1 and #3 even if IU had been undefeated going into last night and won.  The only different thing would have been that I would have watched the recording of the game.  

Having other priorities in your life does not make you a bad IU fan.

12 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

That's your opinion. I have been here since early 70's so know the ups and downs. Still  makes no sense as to fawning over a kid who has yet to commit to the candy stripes. 

Regardless of talent there were 8-10 kids on the floor trying their best to represent IU

Damon Bailey says hello.   It was even written up in a much read contemporary book.

I watched all of both games in a sports bar with multiple tvs.

This was a "tactical loss".  I mean CAM knew we had no chance because Izzo had 5 days to kick their butts for playing like chumps in the last three games and had them eating raw meat when we showed up at Breslin.  So his strategy was to get beat bad and make it seem that they could've won by 50 if they had wanted to.   So when MSU comes to IU in 2 weeks they'll be overconfident thinking they can win by 50 and boom we'll lay them low!

The medical trainer for New Albany was probably the MVP for them in the game as she repeatedly patched Romeo up and sent him back in.   He injured a wrist, an ankle, and got a bloody nose.  He was also phenomenal.  They knew what he was going to do, but it was hard to stop him.

13 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

That's your opinion. I have been here since early 70's so know the ups and downs. Still  makes no sense as to fawning over a kid who has yet to commit to the candy stripes. 

Regardless of talent there were 8-10 kids on the floor trying their best to represent IU

I went and watched a high school game between a 3 and 11 team versus a 5 and 10. Why because I really like watching high school basketball even if not good high school basketball. The Big Ten knows that Friday's night a lot of people go out to watch high school games. If given a chance to watch a great player like Romeo comes along you take it if you can in my opinion.  I love IU and would have given my right arm to play for coach knight but because a person chooses to watch as high school game instead of their college team then who cares. Message to big ten don't schedule Friday night games. Just my 2 cents

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Brownstown here

Well no offense but you guys home court advantage is the refs.  At least it was that way in the day.  Had to be at least 15 points better to win there.  Crawford County might give you a run for your money in home cooking.  Austin is bad.  I got td up in a 6th grade boys game for telling the ref that it is really sad to Homer a 6th grade boys game.  Made me sit down the rest of the game or be ejected.  We clobbered them when they came to our place.  

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well no offense but you guys home court advantage is the refs.  At least it was that way in the day.  Had to be at least 15 points better to win there.  Crawford County might give you a run for your money in home cooking.  Austin is bad.  I got td up in a 6th grade boys game for telling the ref that it is really sad to Homer a 6th grade boys game.  Made me sit down the rest of the game or be ejected.  We clobbered them when they came to our place.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

If I was a coach I'd put the player right back in the game if a ref said that. A ref has no right to tell a coach to sit a player. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

He made the coach sit down, which is literally the rule. 

I read that as player but I see that now. I don't believe there is a rule that says a coach has to sit or get ejected though, and if there is I've never seen it enforced. It's bad officiating. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I saw where he is going over seas and sign a contract to play professional

I can't see anyway Romeo goes to Kansas.  This recruitment is going to come down to Darius Garland and whether or not Romeo is able to say no.  Based on what I've seen from him I don't think he'll be able to unfortunately. 

54 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I can't see anyway Romeo goes to Kansas.  This recruitment is going to come down to Darius Garland and whether or not Romeo is able to say no.  Based on what I've seen from him I don't think he'll be able to unfortunately. 

Disagree completely.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Do you have any first hand knowledge that Romeo acts and/or makes decisions the way that you're implying?  Or, are you just going off information you get off twitter?  You know twitter, right?  That's the same source that told us Archie was going to be in New Albany Friday night instead of coaching his team in East Lansing.

Archived