Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh no the stuff about him not recruiting him anymore because of half a game is insane haha. It’s him realizing that a guy from Evansville probably isn’t going to be Purdue-bound and started to spend his time elsewhere haha. 

I think he's in the same hole with Kaufman, to be honest.  Not that it doesn't happen (see Phinisee & Anderson) but seems that kids either want to stay close or get out of the state.  Not many recently seem to stay in-state but four plus hours away.  Who's the last southern Indiana kid at Purdue...Hale?

40 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh no the stuff about him not recruiting him anymore because of half a game is insane haha. It’s him realizing that a guy from Evansville probably isn’t going to be Purdue-bound and started to spend his time elsewhere haha. 

see... depending on the situation, i don't actually think that would be insane.  i have talked with college coaches who have told me many things that make them stop recruiting a kid even if they are extremely talented.  i have no idea what really happened in this situation, but i don't think it would be wrong at all if a college coach went to watch a recruit and the recruit was yelling back and forth at his dad in the stands during the game and the coach said, no thanks.  i don't need that.  not saying that happened here and i'm sure many on this board will think i'm crazy for caring about such a "trivial" thing, but some coaches wouldn't deal with that.  

39 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think he's in the same hole with Kaufman, to be honest.  Not that it doesn't happen (see Phinisee & Anderson) but seems that kids either want to stay close or get out of the state.  Not many recently seem to stay in-state but four plus hours away.  Who's the last southern Indiana kid at Purdue...Hale?

Matt Keifer?

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

He can’t shoot. He’s bad at defense. Doesn’t hustle. Terrible teammate. Painter has his type of players, he isn’t one of them. Ivey is better. Can’t milk a cow in under 22 seconds flat...

they do make valid points that I agree with. Archie hasn’t beat painter, and we have no room to talk because painter is beating us with lower ranked recruits. But by and large Porkchop didn’t want or need him anyway.

And we have our ridiculous people too and it isn’t the entire fan base, but still fun to chuckle about. 

Hey now...this is a family board...no reason to bring Purdue student athletes sex lives into this!! :rollinglaugh:

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Who actually “pulls the offer” though? Painter hasn’t seriously recruited him in over a year because he knew it was a lost cause and that he wasn’t going to land a guy from Evansville lol. 

He’s not going to waste his time recruiting a guy he knows he doesn’t have a good chance with. See Cody Zeller, JBJ, etc...

I got your back on this one....it isn't like Archie pulled the offer to Morton when we decided to stop pursuing him. I don't think there is any reason to pull offers from kids that aren't considering you or you have moved on from.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yep Hale. 

28 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Donnie Hale definitely since Keifer although looking back, it appears he only played one year of college ball.  Can't remember why he quit?

He went to prep school for a year because JaJuan came back for his senior year. I know Donnie had a kid either in high school or when he was at prep school and she was still down in New Albany. I know there were some maturity issues on his part too. Just didn’t work out. Transferred to Bellarmine I think but then quit the team and never played a game there. 

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I got your back on this one....it isn't like Archie pulled the offer to Morton when we decided to stop pursuing him. I don't think there is any reason to pull offers from kids that aren't considering you or you have moved on from.

Exactly. Would be a very petty thing to do haha. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I lurked for a long time. Before posting. Honestly did not feel I was worthy.

Do you recall Decker's friend ?  The Fourth Estate ?  Was his first mod.  And would get beat up often.  That's when Mr. Decker, who is back again at IU, had myself and the late great Craig Hoops become mods.

Craighoops passed away?  Oh man, I'll never forget him from the old Scout boards.  That guy was consistently a positive influence who left a lasting impression on me.  I always have wondered what happened to him.

7 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

that's not something you're supposed to say out loud.

I know your teasing but I always thought Columbus is one of the nicer towns in Indiana. Brown County and Bloomington aren’t far away with good scenery.  It’s got the Cummins and other corporate money.  I guess the Arvin Meritor merger wasn’t a plus.  But I found it nice and clean but I’ve admittedly not been there now in decades.  

12 minutes ago, ChristophBart said:

Craighoops passed away?  Oh man, I'll never forget him from the old Scout boards.  That guy was consistently a positive influence who left a lasting impression on me.  I always have wondered what happened to him.

Sorry to say, he passed way too young.  Word of his passing came  to me via Jaybob Hoosier over a year ago. If you recall Choops, then you surely recall Jaybob.

Craig and I spoke on the phone often. He eventually moved back to Hawaii. He left IU just one semester short of getting his degree in music. After leaving IU, he struggled. Became a chef.  And despite his struggles... always, always was a positive force when it came to supporting IUBB.

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Exactly. Would be a very petty thing to do haha. 

Not always.  I think offers get pulled when two players get offered for the same position.  I don't know if it happens officially, but a couple of examples some to mind... @IU Scott mentioned that after Damezi Anderson committed, Henry (his co-worker's son) stopped hearing from IU.  Likewise, I don't think there was room for Brandon Newman After Armaan Franklin committed.  As I recall, Newman talked to the staff after Franklin's commit and pretty quickly committed to Purdue.  Unless Brandon or the IU staff talks, we may never know if the offer was pulled after Armaan committed or if the staff still wanted him but Newman just decided it was too crowded at IU, but as I remember, it wasn't long after Franklin committed to IU that Newman announced for Purdue.

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Not always.  I think offers get pulled when two players get offered for the same position.  I don't know if it happens officially, but a couple of examples some to mind... @IU Scott mentioned that after Damezi Anderson committed, Henry (his co-worker's son) stopped hearing from IU.  Likewise, I don't think there was room for Brandon Newman After Armaan Franklin committed.  As I recall, Newman talked to the staff after Franklin's commit and pretty quickly committed to Purdue.  Unless Brandon or the IU staff talks, we may never know if the offer was pulled after Armaan committed or if the staff still wanted him but Newman just decided it was too crowded at IU, but as I remember, it wasn't long after Franklin committed to IU that Newman announced for Purdue.

I agree sorta. I don't think they officially rescind the offer, but they wouldn't take the commitment at that point. Come to think of it, if there is no official way to offer it doesn't really matter?

28 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I know your teasing but I always thought Columbus is one of the nicer towns in Indiana. Brown County and Bloomington aren’t far away with good scenery.  It’s got the Cummins and other corporate money.  I guess the Arvin Meritor merger wasn’t a plus.  But I found it nice and clean but I’ve admittedly not been there now in decades.  

Columbus is REALLY nice. Mostly since I just moved there this month.

44 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It was a great town to grow up to in. Met Titans of industry, famous architects and all around great people. When I was growing up up it had the most millionaires per capital in the U.S.

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sorry to say, he passed way too young.  Word of his passing came  to me via Jaybob Hoosier over a year ago. If you recall Choops, then you surely recall Jaybob.

Craig and I spoke on the phone often. He eventually moved back to Hawaii. He left IU just one semester short of getting his degree in music. After leaving IU, he struggled. Became a chef.  And despite his struggles... always, always was a positive force when it came to supporting IUBB.

I miss jaybob! Man we had some laughs on the forum 2-3 migrations ago...accidentally wrote ”gaybob” late one night and I literally lol’d over it. Good ol days. Back when gocolts88 was a breath of fresh air too! Lol. Good times. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I miss jaybob! Man we had some laughs on the forum 2-3 migrations ago...accidentally wrote ”gaybob” late one night and I literally lol’d over it. Good ol days. Back when gocolts88 was a breath of fresh air too! Lol. Good times. 

i was one of the few who actually liked GoColts88 back then.  i thought he had great points.  Craig was the most positive guy ever.  i sometimes wonder what happened to Oggy.

Archived