Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Alishe Dobberstein said:

Why are people thinking it’s a done deal to IU? Minny people are saying he’s a definite Gopher. 

All the experts have recognized IU and Marquette as the most likely destinations for Garcia.

Welcome to HSN!

11 minutes ago, Alishe Dobberstein said:

Why are people thinking it’s a done deal to IU? Minny people are saying he’s a definite Gopher. 

To answer your question. We have several HSN members who are very dialed into the program.  They don't always get it right. Things do change. I always refer to Jared Jeffries in that respect.  Even his parents got it wrong.  However most times, the insiders get it correct. Like with Cody Zeller.

Anyway.... welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation.  After a while, I know you will learn who are the members to pay attention to.  But again. Welcome.

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

I was about to say how impressed I was with how well he went left. Then I saw him take a jump shot and, wel.....

Yes but did you watch him shoot floaters with the right hand and finish around the rim with the right to keep the ball away from the defense? He has great touch with both honestly! Kid can score at all 3 levels!

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes but did you watch him shoot floaters with the right hand and finish around the rim with the right to keep the ball away from the defense? He has great touch with both honestly! Kid can score at all 3 levels!

Oh, my.observation skills are good enough to realize is is really really good. 

My observations skills are not good enough to realize he is left handed until halfway through the 2nd video.

Sorry if already posted but this is from the minneapolis paper.

that Indiana coach Archie Miller “has made a really good impression.”

Garcia reiterated this week how the Hoosiers had impressed him before his official to Bloomington. He talked about the great relationship with Miller and assistant Tom Ostrom, who is from Minnesota. He said IU fans show him the most love on social media. He mentioned his bond with 2020 Hoosier commits Trey Galloway and Anthony Leal, who he got close with after meeting at an All-American camp

4 hours ago, Alishe Dobberstein said:

Well, for starters, he wants to be coached.  Minnesota has arguably the worst tactician/developer in the Big Ten.  Honestly, I'd be surprised if Minnesota is anything above a distant 4th.

8 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I keep checking the board for news of a commitment, but the pessimist in me is preparing for news of a visit to Marquette he scheduled and a possibility this will drag out into the spring.

Of course when one is dealing with a teenager. All things are subject to change.  However, Dawson is on record of publicly stating prior to his IU OV, that his plan is to commit within 30 days of the visit.  I am not saying he is committing to IU.  Just saying that he currently  does not plan to drag it out to Spring.

Archived