Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Need to add Caleb Furst to that as well.

Jalen Blackmon too??  Add to the list guys like Morton and a couple others we are hard on and the limited scholarships going to be available because of that giant class we signed last year there is not going to be a lot of room unless people leave early.

20 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My guess is the either Hunter or Al  or JS would be a starter. I do love the idea of that team

Oh of course...I was just saying would love to see all five on the court together that would be great. I'd assume if by miracle Romeo came back...we would start Robert, Romeo, Keion, Justin, RJD...with Hunter, Al, Damezi, and Davis coming off the bench. Like I said that would be a team that could compete for a NC.....even without Romeo I think if Hunter can come back and get some experience and be healthy we will have a very deep team with good experience coming from Davis, Al, Justin, and Robert.

9 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Sorry guys, my contact close to the team has went silent on the news for this week.  He never did say Brooks to begin with just we would have good news this week.  I texted him yesterday and still no reply.  If I hear something I will bring it to the board.  

If I was a kid I would announce it on a Friday afternoon at the pep rally before the game! Seeing as he goes to La Lu....I'm assuming they don't have pep rallies before games at school...heck maybe I'm just dating myself lol.

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If I was a kid I would announce it on a Friday afternoon at the pep rally before the game! Seeing as he goes to La Lu....I'm assuming they don't have pep rallies before games at school...heck maybe I'm just dating myself lol.

Maybe he'll commit at the Sock Hop! 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Jalen Blackmon too??  Add to the list guys like Morton and a couple others we are hard on and the limited scholarships going to be available because of that giant class we signed last year there is not going to be a lot of room unless people leave early.

Oh of course...I was just saying would love to see all five on the court together that would be great. I'd assume if by miracle Romeo came back...we would start Robert, Romeo, Keion, Justin, RJD...with Hunter, Al, Damezi, and Davis coming off the bench. Like I said that would be a team that could compete for a NC.....even without Romeo I think if Hunter can come back and get some experience and be healthy we will have a very deep team with good experience coming from Davis, Al, Justin, and Robert.

If Caleb Furst wants to sign, you take him today, he's going to be special.  Hell for star ratings he's already a 5* player. I do agree about Leal as well, he's a pure shooter. Good lord there's a lot of talent in this state!

5 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

If Caleb Furst wants to sign, you take him today, he's going to be special.  Hell for star ratings he's already a 5* player. I do agree about Leal as well, he's a pure shooter. Good lord there's a lot of talent in this state!

Don't know why, but reading your comment, a wild thought ran through my head! Anybody think that with Archie locking down the state, and making IU "THE" place to go, the level of interest and talent at the prep level is going to actually tic up a notch? Just a thought?

25 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Don't know why, but reading your comment, a wild thought ran through my head! Anybody think that with Archie locking down the state, and making IU "THE" place to go, the level of interest and talent at the prep level is going to actually tic up a notch? Just a thought?

Absolutely, Caleb Furst is a top level player though, you take him anytime.

23 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Well if he's a Hoosier then why wait,I guess I don't understand the delay...with TJD everyone said he wanted his day and yet he announced on twitter without much fan fair.

This can be said for literally every recruit that doesn't tweet out their decision the moment they make it. Have you ever made a decision but kept it to yourself until you've had a chance to sleep on it for a couple of day or weeks? 

As far as TJD goes, social media IS big fan fair for teenagers and college kids in 2018. "Likes" "Retweets" etc., are instant fan fair, recorded fan fair. It's a big deal to kids these days.

Archie has a pretty good track record with the guys we've been wanting to commit on "our time". 

26 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

This can be said for literally every recruit that doesn't tweet out their decision the moment they make it. Have you ever made a decision but kept it to yourself until you've had a chance to sleep on it for a couple of day or weeks? 

As far as TJD goes, social media IS big fan fair for teenagers and college kids in 2018. "Likes" "Retweets" etc., are instant fan fair, recorded fan fair. It's a big deal to kids these days.

Archie has a pretty good track record with the guys we've been wanting to commit on "our time". 

There are always good reasons if the recruit is willing to… For the coach to pump the brakes on the announcement. There are some great timing announcements to help a Fanbase stay focused or keep momentum going in recruiting. It’s always possible that coach Archie is asking him to stay quiet for a little bitThere are always good reasons if the recruit is willing to… For the coach to pump the brakes on the announcement. There are some great timing announcements to help a Fanbase stay focused or keep momentum going in recruiting. It’s always possible that coach Archie is asking him to stay quiet for a little bit

33 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

This site is as "social media " as I get ..lol

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Welcome to 2018, it’s just the way kids do it.  I really don’t get it either.

I remember when I sent my letter in. I announced it with " I AM COMMITTING TO IU...STOP...IM BLESSED TO RECEIVE OFFER...STOP...WILL SEND TELEX TO DISCUSS TRAIN TRAVEL...STOP...PLEASE HAVE HORSE READY IN MARTINSVILLE...STOP"

Archived