Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

14 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Well if he's a Hoosier then why wait,I guess I don't understand the delay...with TJD everyone said he wanted his day and yet he announced on twitter without much fan fair.

Going to try and use a Christmas analogy.  It was not about the fanfare per se more about the suspense of where he might go. With all the CB licks fir IU and everyone assuming it a done deal they wanted a little nervousness out there. 

Kinda like on a Christmas morning as a kid asking for a bike and just knowing you will get 1 but you dont see it and then out of nowhere it appears. Those few anxious moments caused the excitement when you got it to be a little more

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Going to try and use a Christmas analogy.  It was not about the fanfare per se more about the suspense of where he might go. With all the CB licks fir IU and everyone assuming it a done deal they wanted a little nervousness out there. 

Kinda like on a Christmas morning as a kid asking for a bike and just knowing you will get 1 but you dont see it and then out of nowhere it appears. Those few anxious moments caused the excitement when you got it to be a little more

I know what you mean....I been that kid before

9 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I remember when I sent my letter in. I announced it with " I AM COMMITTING TO IU...STOP...IM BLESSED TO RECEIVE OFFER...STOP...WILL SEND TELEX TO DISCUSS TRAIN TRAVEL...STOP...PLEASE HAVE HORSE READY IN MARTINSVILLE...STOP"

Didn't you have to save Bedford Falls from becoming Potterville, first?

As I have stated before, I have a friend who works with Keion's dad. He also talks to Keion periodically,  however tries not to constantly be hounding him about his choice.

About a week ago, Keion told him that he was down to three schools, IU, UCLA and a third that my friend couldn''t remember in the brief conversation we had. It sure did not sound as though Keion was close to a decision.

Also, fwiw, dad told my friend that there is a younger brother, maybe in 8th grade, that dad feels is even better than Keion. Remember, dad played Division 1 basketball so he's not just a parent spouting off. Said that in his opinion, the younger son is "more coachable" and plays with an "edge" that Keion doesn't possess to the same degree.

Finally, for those of you talking about Furst. He got hurt a week or so ago and has not played since. I think that he has missed at least 2-3 games. No news on the type of injury, the severity or how long he'll be out.  Blackhawk Christian has not missed a beat without him. They have a kid named Davidson who put up 25 in their last game, in Furst's absence

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As I have stated before, I have a friend who works with Keion's dad. He also talks to Keion periodically,  however tries not to constantly be hounding him about his choice.

About a week ago, Keion told him that he was down to three schools, IU, UCLA and a third that my friend couldn''t remember in the brief conversation we had. It sure did not sound as though Keion was close to a decision.

Also, fwiw, dad told my friend that there is a younger brother, maybe in 8th grade, that dad feels is even better than Keion. Remember, dad played Division 1 basketball so he's not just a parent spouting off. Said that in his opinion, the younger son is "more coachable" and plays with an "edge" that Keion doesn't possess to the same degree.

Finally, for those of you talking about Furst. He got hurt a week or so ago and has not played since. I think that he has missed at least 2-3 games. No news on the type of injury, the severity or how long he'll be out.  Blackhawk Christian has not missed a beat without him. They have a kid named Davidson who put up 25 in their last game, in Furst's absence

The Davidson kid will play somewhere in college 

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

That seems like an odd couple of days to announce. 

Yeah, from what I’ve been told, he has been wanting to commit for a little while. However, like TJD, he wanted to have his moment as well. I’d say Christmas Day is likely, but he’s getting anxious. Good news ahead!! 

Pretty much what Coach SS and Billings has been saying for some time now. 

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

That seems like an odd couple of days to announce. 

Actually it would make a ton of sense....with everyone off work and celebrating and on their phones...he would get maximum attention.....all the Christmas present for IU stuff too!! Could have a cool twitter update...with KBJ in a santa hat and IU gear and all!!!

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Would not be surprised to see the commitment this weekend while in Honolulu. 

all hear say so to speak... hearing that some IU people will be making the trip to see him play in Hawaii. Not sure who they are or anything else.

This is a dumb question, but who are they playing in Honolulu? 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure they are in a tourney with about 16 team from 18th to 22nd I believe. I know LL has played in it a few years ago. 

gotcha, I assumed it was a tourney.  I saw a pic that Keion posted today on Instagram, however I just assumed it was from a vacation earlier this year.  Guess I assumed wrong. 

Assuming IU fans travel all the way to Honolulu and Keion sees that, that's the heart, passion and desire IU fans have for top prospects from High Schools in Indiana.  No better way to represent your state than with INDIANA across the chest. 

Archived