foodies thread, and other food lists!

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I kind of read it as people who didn't know how searched for these!šŸ˜‚

To make up for it how about

16 Hot Dog Toppings

Texans don't know how because you can't get a good Maine lobster tail in the stores...just warm water...the restaurants have them but they're always "market price."

And in the immortal words of the White Sox Ron Kittle...

"When it said 'market price' I didn't think it meant Stock Market."Ā 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Texans don't know how because you can't get a good Maine lobster tail in the stores...just warm water...the restaurants have them but they're always "market price."

You know some entepreneurial type should start some blogs based off this. "Grilling Lobster in Texas"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Do Texans not have mudbugs?

Crawfish is freshwater lobster.Ā 

Edited by mrflynn03

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Do Texans not have mudbugs?

Crawfish is freshwater lobster.Ā 

Sure they do...shoot, I have the damn things in my yard in the spring...I don't mind them in a sauce or on a Po Boy, bit not a big fan of straight boiled...grilling them? Fugedaboudit...

And calling them "lobster" is like calling a black and tanĀ Dachshund a Doberman Pinscher...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our Church has about 30 acres, about 9 of them are unusable. Not just because they are wetlands, but because there is a single solitary Indigo Crawfish living there! Considered an endangered species!! I say it should be treated like albino deer, a lesser species that needs to be weeded out to protect the species!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Our Church has about 30 acres, about 9 of them are unusable. Not just because they are wetlands, but because there is a single solitary Indigo Crawfish living there! Considered an endangered species!! I say it should be treated like albino deer, a lesser species that needs to be weeded out to protect the species!

Endangered species can cause a ruckus...

When they were building Eglin's new control tower in the 90s, there was a wooded area between the building site and the airfield. They were simply going to cut it down until the found it was a nesting area for theĀ Red-cockaded Woodpecker šŸ˜Æ

So, they added 30 feet to the height (250 feet) of the tower instead...at tax payer expense of course...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I tried a new (to me) Burger joint last week in Martinsville, In For anyone in the south Central Indiana area. Beef Cakes. I highly recommend, and get the Sweet Potato Fries so you can consider it healthy!Ā 

Ā 

Looking at the location, I noticed Charlie's Drive In was gone...That use to be a favorite when I was a kid/teen...Saw where it closed for good in 2020...

My best friend's sister was married to Charlie's son...We always got a break on food there :)Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Looking at the location, I noticed Charlie's Drive In was gone...That use to be a favorite when I was a kid/teen...Saw where it closed for good in 2020...

My best friend's sister was married to Charlie's son...We always got a break on food there :)Ā 

Ā 

I was always a Bloomington/ Ellettsville area boy so never spent much time up there. About 5 years ago built a house up around Gosport so my day to day ramblings have twisted a few miles north now. Still learning the area as I don't really get out much.

Ā 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 7:49 PM, IUFLA said:

Endangered species can cause a ruckus...

When they were building Eglin's new control tower in the 90s, there was a wooded area between the building site and the airfield. They were simply going to cut it down until the found it was a nesting area for theĀ Red-cockaded Woodpecker šŸ˜Æ

So, they added 30 feet to the height (250 feet) of the tower instead...at tax payer expense of course...

Or save a farm. My grandpa's farm was spared from I-69 because of the Indiana bats that lived on the property.Ā 

21 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I tried a new (to me) Burger joint last week in Martinsville, In For anyone in the south Central Indiana area. Beef Cakes. I highly recommend, and get the Sweet Potato Fries so you can consider it healthy!Ā 

Ā 

Ha, saw that place a few weeks ago coming back from indy. May have to find a reason to try it out.Ā 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 11:42 AM, IUFLA said:

When I go to DC, we always have our meetings in the building this place is in The Capital Gallery...

The Rice Bar

Kinda a Chipotle for Korean food...go down the line and pick what you want...

I had to go alone my first coupleĀ of times, but the last time I went, I had 12 of my compatriots with me...

I'm hoping this chain eventually goes national...

@IUFLAĀ have you ever eaten at Choongman Chicken? Going there for lunch today, any suggestions?