foodies thread, and other food lists!

On 9/16/2022 at 10:23 AM, Reacher said:

I picked up a 4 pack of their root beer a few weeks ago for something different. Ok but not great, IMO. Much prefer A&W. Do we have a favorite root beer thread? A&W still has a location north of I88 at Rte 31 that I'll stop by when out that way.

A&W is my go to root beer. 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:44 AM, IUFLA said:

Big news!

White-Castle-Castle-Bites-FT-BLOG0922-90a465da32124666bce67d145e2b1c6c.webp.5b374285048bcdd32cf533167908ad10.webp

In your grocery's frozen section 

So my wife found these at Kroger...

They're pretty good. I'd like them better if they used a more bun like outside (kinda looks and tastes like the outside of a pizza roll... Slightly different) 

Also, I consider the pickle on a White Castle cheeseburger essential... But, no ground up pickle in there to be found... ☹️

Methadone for my White Castle cravings I guess...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So my wife found these at Kroger...

They're pretty good. I'd like them better if they used a more bun like outside (kinda looks and tastes like the outside of a pizza roll... Slightly different) 

Also, I consider the pickle on a White Castle cheeseburger essential... But, no ground up pickle in there to be found... ☹️

Methadone for my White Castle cravings I guess...

I like the White Castle Jalapeño cheese sliders in the frozen section.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

White castle, fresh and slimy are amazing. The frozen food versions.....🤢

I'm not a fan of the frozen cheeseburgers... Bun never comes out right and no pickle unless you add one...

But like I say, the WC Bites kinda placate my craving...

BTW, I am NOT lobbying to be the Hoosier version of CasualGayMarie... You will not see me reviewing the latest 7-11 slurpee or different flavors of Mountain Dew on YouTube any time soon 🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Drroogh said:

That’s a list I can get behind. My wife and I take breakfast sandwiches very seriously and are always looking for a new one to move into our “Top 10 Breakfast Sandwiches of Brooklyn” list. I knew w/o looking that they would use Russ & Daughters for NY. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I love German food, but I noticed a lack of liver dishes on a lot of their menus down here in Houston...Liver is very big in German cuisine... 

I was at a German Christmas festival in Chicago once. I saw they had something called Leberkase.  I assumed it was liver related. I ate it anyway and loved it. Turns out it's a corned beef, pork, and bacon meatloaf. I can't find it anywhere.  

• Like 2