foodies thread, and other food lists!

13 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Bang energy drinks. Having a Krazy Key Lime Pie right now and it is phenomenal.  My go to's are sour heads, candy apple crisp and blue razz.

https://www.mashed.com/624341/bang-energy-flavors-ranked-worst-to-best/

Blue Razz got me thinking, how did raspberry end up being blue? Looked it up and it seems ICEE in 1970 started it up to differentiate from cherry and strawberry. Inquiring minds want to know?

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Blue Razz got me thinking, how did raspberry end up being blue? Looked it up and it seems ICEE in 1970 started it up to differentiate from cherry and strawberry. Inquiring minds want to know?

Well you got my curiosity going. 

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/29273/what-heck-blue-raspberry

The ice pop barons had access to blue dye, but no flavors that needed it. It was just an extra color sitting around, so they started to marry the flavor of Rubus leucodermis, known as the “Whitebark Raspberry” or “Blue Raspberry,” with the bright blue synthetic food coloring Brilliant Blue

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I eat the crap out of starkist tuna creations packets. Just got the 24 pack of Spicy Korean style I ordered from amazon. Immediately shot to #1 on my list. Red curry with coconut is next up. 

81KsSRnXC2L._AC_SX296_SY426_FMwebp_QL65_.webp.3c045587db760a353f25c61ae0c8373b.webp

I have a fraternity brother nicknamed tuna because he would eat so much of it. Well come to find out he had some blood work done mercury levels were high, just something to keep an eye and thought on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still exploring the places I have within walking distance. Today I found out the small Japanese restaurant also serves Bibimbap. Had some Miso soup as well. I mentioned Thai and she said that was the first food she learned. Will definitely be back.

The kids toy on the table was a nice touch.

8AD87336-3682-4033-BFA7-778A3BBD703B.jpeg

5A40BF65-AA0B-41DC-91A2-4FE86370CED3.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Pretty sure we've had these lists before, but I don't recognise most of the listings so I believe these are different. SIAP

States most Mourhwatering Chicken Sandwich

States best sub sandwich

The Eagle has six locations, only one of which is in Indiana, and the original was in Cincinnati. It's on my list of places to try, to be sure, but not something I would credit to Indiana.

Here on the northeast side of Indy I would nominate the chicken sando from Four Day Ray. I get it Nashville every time. The Local Eatery & Pub also has a solid offering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Nice to see Pat's King of Steaks on that list... Great cheesesteak... Wiz wid 🙂

I think Pats (and Geno’s for that matter) is overrated and more commercialized. I do love da wiz though!!!  I’m a big fan of Campo’s.  Soooo good.  I don’t get to Philly often, but there’s a regional dive in the Delaware area, Claymont Steaks, which is delicious.  When I lived in Denver, The Taste of Philly was my go to. MMMMmmmm….wit da wiz all day!  :)

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I think Pats (and Geno’s for that matter) is overrated and more commercialized. I do love da wiz though!!!  I’m a big fan of Campo’s.  Soooo good.  I don’t get to Philly often, but there’s a regional dive in the Delaware area, Claymont Steaks, which is delicious.  When I lived in Denver, The Taste of Philly was my go to. MMMMmmmm….wit da wiz all day!  :)

You're right in saying Pat's and Geno's are commercialized... They're the most famous and the landmarks at 9th and Passyunk...

But, Pat's is the original. Gotta give them credit there. It's always easy to build on someone else's idea. When my group goes to Atlantic City for meetings, we have to fly into Philly (and if I have a gripe about Philly, it's the airport) rent cars and drive over. And we have to go 3 to a car. Me and my best friend, who's my counterpart in Chicago, always ride together, always stop at Pat's or Geno's to and fro, and there's always a huge fight about who's going to be the 3rd in the car... They love the experience. Hell, I've eaten breakfast at those two more than once...

It's like when we met in Kansas City... I wanted to go to Arthur Bryant's... My KC counterpart said there was better BBQ than that in KC, but I wanted to go to the original... The Landmark...

About 8 of us went, including my KC counterpart, and it was awesome...

I understand there might be better, but always something to be said for originals 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I was surprised to see Zingerman’s higher than Katz’s. Definitely going to have to make the trip to Ann Arbor when I get back to Michigan. Looking at their menu, even though I love a good Reuben I might have to try something else?

I don't know, brother... A good Reuben is hard to pass up! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I was surprised to see Zingerman’s higher than Katz’s. Definitely going to have to make the trip to Ann Arbor when I get back to Michigan. Looking at their menu, even though I love a good Reuben I might have to try something else?

Their cuban conundrum looks pretty solid.  But ruebens and cuban sandwiches are my top two so I'd get both and live in joyful misery for awhile. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Their cuban conundrum looks pretty solid.  But ruebens and cuban sandwiches are my top two so I'd get both and live in joyful misery for awhile. 

I’m with you on the difficulty of choosing between a Reuben and a Cuban. I’ll have to ask if they could get me two half sandwiches!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...