foodies thread, and other food lists!

On 12/8/2023 at 6:12 AM, Drroogh said:

14 foods you’ve never tried but will love

Can’t say I agree with some of the list but I will vouch for the awesomeness of Nasi Goreng. Warning if you try to make your own as I did, major ventilation is required when you open up the shrimp paste!! Still stand by the awesomeness!

I already love brussel sprouts, sour kraut, broccoli and perogies. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Drroogh changed the title to foodies thread, and other food lists!

Found the foodies thread! If you live near Fort Wayne, you need to go visit the Union Street Market at Electric Works, the beautifully redone GE building that sat vacant for 80 years. Great NYC style pizza place, Johnny Ox, plus other great locally connected places. Very cool place, couple of breweries in there as well.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Found the foodies thread! If you live near Fort Wayne, you need to go visit the Union Street Market at Electric Works, the beautifully redone GE building that sat vacant for 80 years. Great NYC style pizza place, Johnny Ox, plus other great locally connected places. Very cool place, couple of breweries in there as well.

You had me at "breweries". Just made a trip to 2Toms Indy location to stock up for this weekend's games.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

It is pretty cool, I was there recently. Need to try the pizza!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone ever eat at Edinburgh Diner? Have to head the Ville next week and I've been wanting to try their world famous Tenderloin. Just curious if it's as good as the reviews/photos look?

Didn’t we just talk about that awhile ago? Let us know your opinion!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone ever eat at Edinburgh Diner? Have to head the Ville next week and I've been wanting to try their world famous Tenderloin. Just curious if it's as good as the reviews/photos look?

No, but Edinburgh has a population  of 4,400 and more than half have a surname of either Burton or Streeval...

Weird place... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

No, but Edinburgh has a population  of 4,400 and more than half have a surname of either Burton or Streeval...

Weird place... 

Technically I worked in Edinburgh a few weeks. They blew up our corporate office and each of us was sent to a different plant. Mine was Edinburgh, I found a new job!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Cue the banjos…….

No kidding...

I was coaching a little league team in Franklin (8-9 year olds) and they had a parade that went down through Edinburgh... Me and the team were riding on a big flatbed truck and one of the kids yelled to a  30 something guy, "Hi mister!"

The guy gave him the finger...