foodies thread, and other food lists!

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. I just assumed that chains had no boundaries anymore. No White Castle in Texas? I would think it's a perfect match for at least somewhere in the state. We'd come down from Chicago to Indy for Christmas for family get togethers and they would always involve at least 100+ White Castles.

I’m probably in the minority that thinks White Castle is only good after drinking but sober is very meh. Why not just pick them up in the frozen section? Taste the same to me. I seriously doubt the beef is fresh in the restaurant.

11 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Foods we Loved in the 70's

There's a couple I don't remember? French Toastwiches?

The Jelly Belly one made me remember that they put out some disgusting flavors...

Dirty Dishwater, Stink Bug, Dead Fish, Spoiled Milk, Barf, Toothpaste, Liver & Onions, Stinky Socks and Old Bandage...

Although I'd try the Liver and Onion one 🙂 

And giving McDonald's credit for developing the kids meal is BS... Burger Chef had the Fun Meal a full 6 years before the Happy Meal saw the light of day

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The Jelly Belly one made me remember that they put out some disgusting flavors...

Dirty Dishwater, Stink Bug, Dead Fish, Spoiled Milk, Barf, Toothpaste, Liver & Onions, Stinky Socks and Old Bandage...

And giving McDonald's credit for developing the kids meal is BS... Burger Chef had the Fun Meal a full 6 years before the Happy Meal saw the light of day

Jelly belly still has disgusting flavors. 2 or 3 Christmases ago I got my wife some Jelly bellies for the stocking.

Bloomington has a candy store at the mall you can buy by the pound. Got her favorite buttered popcorn and put a couple surprises in there 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Burger Chef and Jeff! What ever happened to Jeff?

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Jelly belly still has disgusting flavors. 2 or 3 Christmases ago I got my wife some Jelly bellies for the stocking.

Bloomington has a candy store at the mall you can buy by the pound. Got her favorite buttered popcorn and put a couple surprises in there 😆

For a Christmas a few years back, I bought a gift that was Jelly Belly roulette. The box was filled with jelly beans that looked identical in color, but one was a tasty flavor and the other was one of the novelty awful flavors. Unfortunately I couldn't be there to see my family try it out. Seems risky to me!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

For a Christmas a few years back, I bought a gift that was Jelly Belly roulette. The box was filled with jelly beans that looked identical in color, but one was a tasty flavor and the other was one of the novelty awful flavors. Unfortunately I couldn't be there to see my family try it out. Seems risky to me!

I remember my son had a pack of Jaw Breakers called "Gotcha". Seems one of the balls in the pack was an Atomic Fireball. He was down to the last two and offered me one hoping I would get the Fireball. He was disappointed that I sucked on mine without any reaction. Then he started sucking on his expecting the fireball. I guess he didn't realize I like Fireballs.😂

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

One year my wife and I were shopping, and we had to stop at an “adult store” for some party favors for one of her friends who was having a bachelorette party. She wanted penis shaped gummies, but I mistakenly asked the clerk for penis flavored gummies. Everyone got a big kick out of that and she still teases me about it. 😅

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I wasn't going to post this as we've had it before, but then I noticed the honorable mentions below the description blips!

Most Iconic foods in America

I kinda figured the giant pork tenderloin for Indiana, but honorable mention should be beef and noodles. Never heard it mentioned in any other state, although my Mom gave me her recipe years ago, and I've made it for more than a few people (who raved about it ) and I've passed it on to all 3 of my kids (who love it).

I even developed a crockpot method that I shared on this site some time ago... 

Attach13264_20181101_194702.jpg.4345d2af28c25592d6bce49e8923c457.thumb.jpg.52f570994badd9d27af4a5a8b844b915.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

That's one of those crazy lists that make no sense. They interviewed 1000 people in the entire US out of what 350,000,000?

Yeah, I don't even know where there is an A&W around where I live or work...

Can't throw a rock without hitting a Whataburger though... 

I think it's all them California imports

Edited by IUFLA

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, I don't even know where there is an A&W around where I live or work...

Can't throw a rock without hitting a Whataburger though... 

I think it's all them California imports

I didn't even realize A&W was still a thing! I remember we had an A&W Root Beer stand in Chesterton, as well as a BK Root Beer stand back in the 60's when Root Beer and Black Cows were the Thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I picked up a 4 pack of their root beer a few weeks ago for something different. Ok but not great, IMO. Much prefer A&W. Do we have a favorite root beer thread? A&W still has a location north of I88 at Rte 31 that I'll stop by when out that way.

Not Root Beer, but recently I've started enjoying Cream Soda's again. Maybe you could start a favorite soft drink thread.

• Like 1

Just now, Reacher said:

I picked up a 4 pack of their root beer a few weeks ago for something different. Ok but not great, IMO. Much prefer A&W. Do we have a favorite root beer thread? A&W still has a location north of I88 at Rte 31 that I'll stop by when out that way.

Dog n Suds still makes root beer? That's cool...

I thought Culver's root beer was pretty good, but then I found out it was relabeled Mugs...