foodies thread, and other food lists!

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Kind of overrated w/the Pats/Geno's thing.  Campo's on Market, just around the corner from the Liberty Bell, is where it's at.  Those cheese steaks are legit without the touristy-hype

Pats is the original... You can always build off someone elses idea...

I've had Campos, Jim's, The White House over in AC, but I'll take the original every time... Wiz wid... 

• Like 1

Despite my negative efforts in the NFL thread I will say this. The Bears added some pretty good food options. I never knew about this Pilsen tacos or restaurant or food truck but if in Chicago I'd find them. We entered the joint and downed a dozen Steak Tacos and Tamales that were as on point as it gets. I say that as having a Step Mother who was Mexican....legit authentic stuff.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I sound like a hick for saying this, but I always thought Bob Evans restaurants had great biscuits and gravy...

My Mom's were the best, but she liked BE's too

For those of us who don't have access to Bob Evans, try Hardee's. Their B&G is really pretty good. Almost like home made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

For those of us who don't have access to Bob Evans, try Hardee's. Their B&G is really pretty good. Almost like home made.

There’s a diner near the family cabin that every time I go in I look through the menu hoping to try something different, un/fortunately I always end up ordering the same thing. I mean when you combine three of my breakfast favorites!! Corned Beef hash eggs Benedict smothered in breakfast gravy!! And to think the restaurant is run by a Hispanic family?

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That's it! I found this photo online and took a screenshot. I'm headed to Columbus in a couple of weeks and I have to stop and try.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.18.28 PM.jpeg

I don't know if it's the same as when I lived in that area, but Edinburgh is made up of Burtons and Streevals...And they were all related :) 

I had a huge pork tenderloin sandwich back in the day (late 70s) at a place near a bowling alley we were resurfacing (the one where Mike Aulby worked and honed his bowling game). The restaurant had "Golden" in the name IIRC...

If you're ever in the Terre Haute area, The Bush Family Restaurant has one, but their fish sandwich is better...I've been eating those since I was 5 (think about how long THAT is :) )

• Like 1