Finally. Prime Time For The IU vs PU Pre-Game Thread

I want to believe that this program is showing improvement. IMO, for that to be true, we need to come out focused, with energy, and control this game from start to finish. Rivalry games are always a little tricky because of the emotion involved, but if we're truly making strides in a forward direction, this is a huge opportunity to show that.

That being said, I haven't the slightest idea what to expect.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Any update on Race?  He really elevated his play against M$U until he got hurt.  Probably one of the reasons we won that game.  He could be a factor in this one if healthy.....

Race is still struggling. Hasn't practiced. And a return on Saturday, as of Feb. 4 is questionable at best.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, Brass Cannon said:

My wife and I got Les Mis tickets made the mistake of saying “I don’t care” when she asked which showing. I was trying to entertain a toddler to be fair. 

Tape the game.  If any show is worth going to, it's Les Miz!

Still blows my mind that we’ve only beaten Purdue one time since we lost to Syracuse in the tournament.  It’s become pretty clear that one team has taken the rivalry much more seriously than the other for quite a while now... Unacceptable on IU’s part.

It’s well past time for Archie to get his first win against Painter.  Winning rivalry games is an important part of building a program.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Still blows my mind that we’ve only beaten Purdue one time since we lost to Syracuse in the tournament.  It’s become pretty clear that one team has taken the rivalry much more seriously than the other for quite a while now... Unacceptable on IU’s part.

It’s well past time for Archie to get his first win against Painter.  Winning rivalry games is an important part of building a program.

I fully expect to split this year. We suck on the road. 

29 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I fully expect to split this year. We suck on the road. 

PU SUCKS !  PU SUCKS !   Hey Hoosier Sports Nation. You heard it from our resident PU fan. LOL

Just giving ya a hard time boiler.  It's all for fun.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

PU SUCKS !  PU SUCKS !   Hey Hoosier Sports Nation. You heard it from our resident PU fan. LOL

Just giving ya a hard time boiler.  It's all for fun.

Haha. I mean we were very lucky to beat a really bad NW team on the road. Just calling it like I see it. 

I honestly can’t remember a more Jekyll/Hyde Purdue team when it comes to home versus away than this year. 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Haha. I mean we were very lucky to beat a really bad NW team on the road. Just calling it like I see it. 

I honestly can’t remember a more Jekyll/Hyde Purdue team when it comes to home versus away than this year. 

If Collins had just kept running an offense the last 4 minutes NW would have won that game.  He decided the last 4 minutes just to dribble the ball at half court for 20 seconds each possession and never scored again.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

That is why my confidence is not overly high on this one. Should we win,  yes, will we coin TOSS IMO 

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Definitely a rivalry where one side owns the other since 2000. Speaking of which IU held a 16-9 record vs Purdue since 2000 up to your Cuse reference which includes 5 in a row when IU decided to nuke it's program....add to that teams have combined 5 wins in a row streaks vs other since 2000. Definitely a rivalry built on momentum for one side when one has it. 

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

They've just had better, tougher players than us. And Assembly Hall doesn't scare opposing teams like it used to. 

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not a sunshine pumper, but I will never not be happy about stomping a mud hole in Purdue.

I’ll be thrilled if we win.  I’m just saying it should be expected.  PU is NIT bound at best and we we’re playing at home with a week off and a 3 game losing streak.  Anything short of a 15 beat down is a disappointment.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’ll be thrilled if we win.  I’m just saying it should be expected.  PU is NIT bound at best and we we’re playing at home with a week off and a 3 game losing streak.  Anything short of a 15 beat down is a disappointment.

So if we win by 12 points you will be disappointed

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

They usually play out their (rear) against us though.

I would enjoy a 15 point beatdown though.

Archived