B1G Teams in NCAA (early projection)

DWB

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lunardi says still in with  his most recent projections. 

Man, I just don’t see it with IU sitting at #61 in the NET right now and having only three Quad 1 wins and two Quad 2 wins.  (Although the win over ND is right on the verge of becoming a Quad 1 win with ND sitting at #51 in the NET.)  I guess our lack of bad losses helps us?

The good news is that every remaining game on the schedule is an opportunity for a Quad 1 win except the home games against Minnesota and Wisconsin (which would be Quad 2 wins).

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Man, I just don’t see it with IU sitting at #61 in the NET right now and having only three Quad 1 wins and two Quad 2 wins.  (Although the win over ND is right on the verge of becoming a Quad 1 win with ND sitting at #51 in the NET.)  I guess our lack of bad losses helps us?

The good news is that every remaining game on the schedule is an opportunity for a Quad 1 win except the home games against Minnesota and Wisconsin (which would be Quad 2 wins).

Purely for tourney resume only...we don't have a bad loss and honestly we won't end the season with one. Now in terms of bad losses the Arkansas, Maryland, and our friends to the North were bad for fans....but not for resume. No more slip ups though. Have to win out at home (add 2 Q1 wins vs Iowa/Penn St) and somehow steal a win vs Michigan or Minnesota on the road. That gets us to 20 and I don't care what happens in Indy we're in. If we just win out at home....19 should still do the trick but we might need 1 in Indy.

We've officially become fans of anyone playing Ohio St, Minny or Michigan from here on out. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Purely for tourney resume only...we don't have a bad loss and honestly we won't end the season with one. Now in terms of bad losses the Arkansas, Maryland, and our friends to the North were bad for fans....but not for resume. No more slip ups though. Have to win out at home (add 2 Q1 wins vs Iowa/Penn St) and somehow steal a win vs Michigan or Minnesota on the road. That gets us to 20 and I don't care what happens in Indy we're in. If we just win out at home....19 should still do the trick but we might need 1 in Indy.

We've officially become fans of anyone playing Ohio St, Minny or Michigan from here on out. 

I am afraid that the losses at home to Arkansas and Maryland will come back to bite us when it comes to getting selected.  We had both of them won and those two wins would have us in a very good position right now.

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i want to be in so badly, but it's awful tough to predict/project that we are going to win many of the next 6 games.  so maybe projecting right now we are close or barely in, but wait until after the next 3-4 games.  

You are correct but these projections are based on the data they have as of today and they still have us in based on our resume.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Down another spot to #62 in the Net today.   Florida State loss to Duke last night perhaps?  

While the losing streak has hurt our chances we are still in a position to get in.    We just gotta get some wins.  I think 4 does it but hopefully we get 5 to be safe.

I still think the B1G puts 10 in the field.   Minny and us are in the worst shape of the 12 B1G teams alive.  Still the chance we could leapfrog someone and get in  but we can't lose many more.

Go Hoosiers!!!

6 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

IMHO. The win over Florida State is what is keeping IU's hopes alive at present.

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

There is absolutely zero chance of a road win.  Win out at home, maybe.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think people should take a closer look at Sparty resume vs ours. Honestly..ours is better. Their SOS is probably a bit better but who cares if you don't win some of those games. Thought it was something to just take a look at. Our FSU win will loom large all season long. 

Yet somehow MSU’s NET ranking is 11 and ours is 62.  

37 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Izzo.  When you’ve gone to like 9 FFs in just over 20 years it gets you a lot of respect.

Hmmm...can't find "respect" anywhere in the equation...

"The NCAA Evaluation Tool, which will be known as the NET, relies on game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, net offensive and defensive efficiency, and the quality of wins and losses."

I'd like to see the mathematical sign for "respect." This maybe?

Screenshot_20200212-063247~2.png

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Hmmm...can't find "respect" anywhere in the equation...

"The NCAA Evaluation Tool, which will be known as the NET, relies on game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, net offensive and defensive efficiency, and the quality of wins and losses."

I'd like to see the mathematical sign for "respect." This maybe?

Screenshot_20200212-063247~2.png

Yep, it's a formula, just like RPI.  Right now it's saying NIT.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No movement after beating a top 20 team last night from Lunardi. Still has us at 11. Ohio St at 8, Illinois at 7. One of these weeks I'm going to dive in and try to understand how our seeding or ranking is so worse than Ohio St. 

Jumped from 64 to 58 in the NET, while Iowa falls from 26 to 30.  Seems like we would have to win out to get in the top 30, which doesn’t really make sense.

Edit: Also annoying that because we beat Iowa in Bloomington, they’re on the verge of not being a Quad 1 win for us.

46 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Jumped from 64 to 58 in the NET, while Iowa falls from 26 to 30.  Seems like we would have to win out to get in the top 30, which doesn’t really make sense.

Edit: Also annoying that because we beat Iowa in Bloomington, they’re on the verge of not being a Quad 1 win for us.

Question about the quad wins, is it when you beat them or is their net ranking at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The NET is just not a good indicator of how well a team is playing.   I'm not surprised at all we didn't move up much.  So much of it is based on what your past opponents are doing.  I went through last nights games and two teams we beat earlier lost(Northern Alabama and Troy) and Lousiana Tech won.   The schedule is what it is but we really need the teams we have played to win.  Several more lost this week(Florida St, ND, UConn to name a few) and that would explain our slip before the Iowa game.  So frustrating.  A Michgan road win will be huge.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

No movement after beating a top 20 team last night from Lunardi. Still has us at 11. Ohio St at 8, Illinois at 7. One of these weeks I'm going to dive in and try to understand how our seeding or ranking is so worse than Ohio St. 

OSU has wins over Penn St, Villanova, Kentucky and at Michigan. All but MI happened early when they were playing really well. Caught MI without Livers.

IU really needed the win over MD. That, with FSU, would have been two wins over teams currently projected as 2 or 3 seeds.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Question about the quad wins, is it when you beat them or is their net ranking at the end of the year.

At the end I believe.  That's why it's so important that the teams you've played do well.   Take Purdue for instance.  That Virginia win seemed huge at the time.  But if you look at it now it wasn't.  Same with Michigan's early win over UNC.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived