B1G Teams in NCAA (early projection)

DWB

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Lunardi dropped IU to a 10 and a last four bye. Has Rutgers as an 11 and also a last four bye.

However, he just added UCLA as a 12, but doesn't have as either a last four bye or a last four in. Has Stanford  & Cinci among last four in as 11 seeds. WTH?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

And a matchup against Kelvin Sampson and Houston.  Smh

We really need these 2 games this week.   I still say we need 2 more wins to be safely in.   And with our past history in the BTT... let's just say we better win the next 2.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

We really need these 2 games this week.   I still say we need 2 more wins to be safely in.   And with our past history in the BTT... let's just say we better win the next 2.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I have a feeling this IU team is going to win a couple in the BTT.  Of course it depends on matchups.

27 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i know people say where you finish in the conference, but it's still hard for me to believe that if we finish 11th in the conference that we'll get in.  

Well they don't actually look at conference affiliation at all according to people who went through the mock process

49 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

🤦‍♂️ My fault I didn’t read back far enough 

5 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Damn, Lunardi just put us as one of the last four byes. These next two home games are massive now because I can’t stand ESPN and their hatred of IU but he’s usually pretty good. 

They actually do rankings of the bracketologist and  Luardi is one of the lower ranked ones.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They actually do rankings of the bracketologist and  Luardi is one of the lower ranked ones.

Oh nice thanks Scott that makes me feel better after I saw that pop up on my phone at work I was cussing (in my head). His disdain for IU is obvious each time we’ve made the tourney. 

There's a lot of lazy "bracketologists" out there.  IU's NET ranking is dragging them down in this regard, but when it comes to the selection committee, team sheets, and overall resume, I'd think one more regular season win gets IU in.

I'm assuming that IU doesn't lose to Nebraska or NW if they end up having to play on the opening day of the BTT.

That said, I'm expecting IU to win their last two home games.  I think they've got a good shot at making a run in the BTT if they can keep the level of play up.  There are no unbeatable teams in the Big Ten this year.

17 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Oh nice thanks Scott that makes me feel better after I saw that pop up on my phone at work I was cussing (in my head). His disdain for IU is obvious each time we’ve made the tourney. 

I looked at Jerry Palm(CBS), and he has us as a 10 seed as does the Sporting News.

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

It's interesting, because Palm has Tx Tech as a last four in 12 seed. Apparently not impressed with their #23 NET.

The team I can't believe that is still getting a lot of love is W. Virginia who was still rated this week despite being 7-9 in their conference. and 19-10 overall. 

28 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We will be.in the 7, 10 game and the winner gets Dayton, which means we might stay in the Midwest. My way too early prediction 

You can pretty much guarantee that we'll face either Dayton, Houston or UK early in whichever bracket we're put in.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

34 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We will be.in the 7, 10 game and the winner gets Dayton, which means we might stay in the Midwest. My way too early prediction 

Gotta win tomorrow and that's a big IF especially with Trayce not 100%.  ESPN giving Minny about a 35% chance of pulling the upset.

Archived