B1G Teams in NCAA (early projection)

DWB

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Do they factor head to head results in?  We did lose at Rutgers.

...and I'd expect Rutgers to lose in Bloomington.

My opinion is...Rutgers is fools gold...a feel-good story about a team that's been down forever.  On a neutral court, I think they'd be pretty even with IU this year, but I'll be surprised if they even stay middle of the pack in the future.

7 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

They didn't just beat Seton Hall, they beat them by 20. Margin of victory (though capped at 10 points) and efficiency differentials matter in NET.

That may be but Rutgers is still in danger of missing out on the NCAAT...they easily could lose out.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Just out today. NBC Sports has IU as an 8 seed against 9 UVA, opposite SDSt.  MI up to a 4, Rutgers down to a 10. MD still on the 2 line. ILL and WI in our sights as 7 seeds.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/02/25/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-projection-bubble-kansas/

On what planet can Butler still be considered a 6 seed?  

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Updated 2 hours ago and he still has us as a 9 seed playing 8 LSU

man i hope that happens.  will be very happy with that.  i'm just back to being nervous that @ Illinois is a loss and after Wiscy won at Mich, i'm nervous about Wiscy at our place now.  gotta get that one for me to feel good about it.  of course our performance in the BTT can make or break as well.  i'm fragile.  please keep reassuring me we're in!

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

man i hope that happens.  will be very happy with that.  i'm just back to being nervous that @ Illinois is a loss and after Wiscy won at Mich, i'm nervous about Wiscy at our place now.  gotta get that one for me to feel good about it.  of course our performance in the BTT can make or break as well.  i'm fragile.  please keep reassuring me we're in!

I hope we can win 2 out of the 3 but I feel if we beat Minnesota we will still get in.

There is just as likely a chance we lose out as win out.  That's how crazy inconsistent Indiana has been. 

@Illinois

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Yeah, all 3 could go either way.  BTT?  History says don't get your hope too high.  We absolutely have to find a way to win at least 1 more.  19-13 may do it.  And the heated debate about our NET ranking amongst the talking heads will be comedy on Selection Sunday.

Everybody is all about IU getting in the Dance.

But why? So IU gets in and after 1 game, they get bounced. What does that prove? So fans can say at least IU got in? Whooopeee….

Whereas in the NIT, they at least get to play some more home games. Who knows? Maybe RMK will even show up, like he did for the ladies game last night....

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

But why? So IU gets in and after 1 game, they get bounced. What does that prove? So fans can say at least IU got in? Whooopeee….

Whereas in the NIT, they at least get to play some more home games. Who knows? Maybe RMK will even show up, like he did for the ladies game last night....

I have always said I would rather get into the tournament than  win the NIT

12 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

i mean i agree a little, but just getting in is a step in the right direction, plus it's just fun to get more excited about the greatest sporting event in the world!  you can always have hope!

13 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The way I look at it is get in the dance and ya got a chance.   I'd take that every time over the NIT.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

27 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Is this a joke?

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We need to win 2 more to get in.  If they can justify keeping us out they will.

I'd feel a whole lot better about our chances with 20 wins.   If we end up with 19 wins on selection Sunday then we've gone 1-4 over our last 5 games.  The NET at that point will be ugly.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived