Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A lot of bubble teams win today.  IU may still need 2:in the BTT.

I believe Marquette will now be Quad 2 after that loss. Can always get back to Quad 1in the Big East Tourney, but man it seems like the last week every bubble team is winning. 

All the bubble teams are in desperation mode and playing their hearts out, just like we are. 

Not worried about any of the so-called “experts” and their brackets. As far as I know, none of them are on the selection committee.

If we win the next two and then see what happens against one of the Michigan teams, then they can put our resume next to the other bubble teams and see who is more worthy. Lose either of the next two and we have played ourselves into the NIT.

So..... The OVC tourney is being held here in E'ville at the Ford Center. The championship game is on right now on ESPN2. This is the second year the OVC is in our town even though we do not have a team in this league as the E'ville Purple Aces are in the MVC.

What I find interesting is the OVC has had record crowds, says a lot..... Heard Magic Johnson and some 40 NBA scouts have been in attendance

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Edwards with another stellar shooting night for the Toiletmakers. 6-18 from the field.

I dare Stlboiler to come on here and justify him earning any national awards 

The team as a whole has outperformed expectations...partially due to a favorable conference schedule and partially due to playing together and maximizing their opportunities.  I'll give them that.

That being said, yeah...it's laughable that Sir Shoots-A-Lot would be considered for any national awards aside from most shot attempts.  He's got to be at least close there.

Edwards with another stellar shooting night for the Toiletmakers. 6-18 from the field.

He did his best to shoot them out of the game.  

I think he’ll make the first team for the conference but don’t think he will(nor should) win any national award. 

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The team as a whole has outperformed expectations...partially due to a favorable conference schedule and partially due to playing together and maximizing their opportunities.  I'll give them that.

That being said, yeah...it's laughable that Sir Shoots-A-Lot would be considered for any national awards aside from most shot attempts.  He's got to be at least close there.

Was it really that favorable though? As far as the other top teams, they played Michigan State twice, Maryland twice, at Wisconsin, and at Michigan. Didn’t get a chance at Michigan or Wisconsin at home. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Was it really that favorable though? As far as the other top teams, they played Michigan State twice, Maryland twice, at Wisconsin, and at Michigan. Didn’t get a chance at Michigan or Wisconsin at home. 

Only one against Michigan and Wisconsin would seem pretty favorable to me, but I'm sure somewhere, the B1G schedules are ranked.  A link from one of our stat nerds should answer that question.

16 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

They beat us twice, once pretty decisively. I ain't saying anything.

Now, if we get another crack at them and win, I won't be shutting up about it for a loooong time.

Archived