Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Crean Bulldogs go out with a whimper.

2-16 in conference and can’t break 60 in the tournament game.

He'll have them better. (Not great, but better)

Actually, I genuinely hope he does get them fairly competitive. Anyone that can put pressure on Calipari and Pearl is a good thing.

Lavall Jordan is the first coach in a long line that I thought Butler might have reached for. His resume prior to Butler was pretty pedestrian.  He had some players but just did not seem to press the right buttons. At least two guys on that team I know IU recruited.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Lavall Jordan is the first coach in a long line that I thought Butler might have reached for. His resume prior to Butler was pretty pedestrian.  He had some players but just did not seem to press the right buttons. At least two guys on that team I know IU recruited.

Brandon Miller?

11 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Didn't Indiana's former coach supposedly leave for health reasons and it was something else or am I somewhat delusional?
BE NICE! 

Be nice?  BE NICE? LOL I seriously don't know.  As far as Miller at Butler, I have heard everything from mental problems, marital problems, alcohol problems, drug problems, and some others.  

13 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The Butler Way. Bob Hammel used to say there’s nothing magic in the water in Bloomington. So true. Same for Hinkle. They  named six head coaches from 2000 to 2017. Moved up conferences twice. Wheels were bound to fall off at some point

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

It was more mental health than physical health is what I heard from a buddy who is pretty connected at Butler. 

He had something of a breakdown is what I was told. 

Can confirm this.  Buddy of mine's parents are big-time boosters there.  Hope he got the help he needed.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:47 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

Can confirm this.  Buddy of mine's parents are big-time boosters there.  Hope he got the help he needed.

I know plenty of reporters have tried to get the scoop but New Castle did a pretty nice job of building a wall. I've heard mental that led to other issues. Amazing how life can change so quick. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know plenty of reporters have tried to get the scoop but New Castle did a pretty nice job of building a wall. I've heard mental that led to other issues. Amazing how life can change so quick. 

Yep they kept it pretty hush hush. Still a pretty significant stigma with mental healthy unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep they kept it pretty hush hush. Still a pretty significant stigma with mental healthy unfortunately. 

Yep. Amazing hypocrisy. Coaches can lie, cheat, steal, be a booze hound, chase women......but boy you get word of having some mental health issues and you no longer are a normal person. Would love it for him if Stevens ever gets tired in Boston if he asked Miller to just maybe help out somewhere down the road if he's in good enough shape to do so.

Archived