Coronavirus

Reacher

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think there would be tremendous demand for straight-up news and I'm amazed that all news organizations have fell into the bias trap.  Every story I read today seems to have a pre-determined conclusion, rather than allowing me to draw my own.  In desperation, I tried Smart News and found it was simply an aggregator of a variety of news sources, reflecting the overall bias of the press.  I can only consume "news" with a good dose of skepticism

I know I've preached this many times, but The Daily is a great podcast. I really encourage anybody to listen to the episode @HoosierFaithful posted a page back (or maybe it was in the Preparedness thread) about the supply chain. They basically dissect the supply chain issue for all sides without bias. They talk about how it started and the domino effect that has lead us to the situation we find ourselves in today. They don't pretend to have any solutions or pin blame on any one person or country.

For example they talk about why the ports got backed up: Countries all over the world need PPE last spring and summer, which is mainly made in China. Many of these countries like in Africa aren't part of your everyday shipping routes. Thus, freighters were in random parts of the world (delivering PPE) when the demand spiked. The freighters needed to get back to Asia to export products, which takes a while. In the meantime, ports were getting back logged with inventory due to the high demand. This, plus a whole bunch of other factors along the way from a shortage of material, backed up factories, the shortage of truck drivers in the US, etc, etc. (which they also talk about) lead us into the mess we're in right now. 

I think many people understand problems are complex, but sometimes we want to blame when blaming someone is not going to help the problem go away. It's just going to muddy waters, set unrealistic expectations and further aggravate us. This is exactly what The Daily does not do. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I know I've preached this many times, but The Daily is a great podcast. I really encourage anybody to listen to the episode @HoosierFaithful posted a page back (or maybe it was in the Preparedness thread) about the supply chain.

I think many people understand problems are complex, but sometimes we want to blame when blaming someone is not going to help the problem go away. It's just going to muddy waters, set unrealistic expectations and further aggravate us. This is exactly what The Daily does not do. 

I will give it a listen...thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I know I've preached this many times, but The Daily is a great podcast. I really encourage anybody to listen to the episode @HoosierFaithful posted a page back (or maybe it was in the Preparedness thread) about the supply chain. They basically dissect the supply chain issue for all sides without bias. They talk about how it started and the domino effect that has lead us to the situation we find ourselves in today. They don't pretend to have any solutions or pin blame on any one person or country.

For example they talk about why the ports got backed up: Countries all over the world need PPE last spring and summer, which is mainly made in China. Many of these countries like in Africa aren't part of your everyday shipping routes. Thus, freighters were in random parts of the world (delivering PPE) when the demand spiked. The freighters needed to get back to Asia to export products, which takes a while. In the meantime, ports were getting back logged with inventory due to the high demand. This, plus a whole bunch of other factors along the way from a shortage of material, backed up factories, the shortage of truck drivers in the US, etc, etc. (which they also talk about) lead us into the mess we're in right now. 

Forgive me if I pass on The Daily. Barbaro from the NY Times is hardly someone I trust to give an unbiased/unslanted and unvarnished view of things. If he has changed...God bless him but his work in the past with the Washington Post and NY Times does not warrant my time to find out. I'd say the same thing about some podcasts on the opposite end of the spectrum as well. Hardly the bastions of objectivity and simply giving the story as it is.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Forgive me if I pass on The Daily. Barbaro from the NY Times is hardly someone I trust to give an unbiased/unslanted and unvarnished view of things. If he has changed...God bless him but his work in the past with the Washington Post and NY Times does not warrant my time to find out. I'd say the same thing about some podcasts on the opposite end of the spectrum as well. Hardly the bastions of objectivity and simply giving the story as it is.

I'm still going to look at it based on curiosity, but with that pedigree, I absolutely understand your skepticism.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm still going to look at it based on curiosity, but with that pedigree, I absolutely understand your skepticism.

No I apologize…I had no right to be so dismissive. Just been a lot of stuff in the media that has made me really upset over how they act. From stuff with Katie Couric to stuff I hear on Fox etc. if I don’t have something good to add I should just keep my mouth shut…I’m sure even if I haven’t liked most of what I’ve heard in the past I shouldn’t just dismiss perhaps a perfectly good article/podcast without taking in the facts first hand. I’ll try to do better.

"Gain-of-function research involves extracting viruses from animals and artificially engineering them in a laboratory to make them more transmissible or deadly to humans"

OK...does anyone still believe the lame "wet market" story China is peddling? I am on the record from beginning that this was a purposely engineered or modified virus.  My opinion has never wavered on that.

• Like 5

On 10/21/2021 at 8:28 PM, FKIM01 said:

"Gain-of-function research involves extracting viruses from animals and artificially engineering them in a laboratory to make them more transmissible or deadly to humans"

OK...does anyone still believe the lame "wet market" story China is peddling? I am on the record from beginning that this was a purposely engineered or modified virus.  My opinion has never wavered on that.

I never believed it and never wavered either. So I'm on the same page as you. 

China wants to be the sole superpower in the world and will do anything to achieve it. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Chine wants to be the sole superpower in the world and will do anything to achieve it. 

Right.  Surely we can agree that China's goal is simple...world domination.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Chine wants to be the sole superpower in the world and will do anything to achieve it. 

I'm on record from very early on saying China, (sadly) with US help did this, and this bug is analogous to the plane's on 9/11. It won't kill all of us, but it'll be used in conjunction with the freedoms we love, to cause us to kill each other. Metaphorically speaking, mostly. 

Seems to be working.  

31 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I'm on record from very early on saying China, (sadly) with US help did this, and this bug is analogous to the plane's on 9/11. It won't kill all of us, but it'll be used in conjunction with the freedoms we love, to cause us to kill each other. Metaphorically speaking, mostly. 

Seems to be working.  

There is a lot of evidence that has been scrubbed from the internet.  I should have taken screenshots or archived it, and things that can't be posted because of board rules(sorry if I pushed the line at time, mods).

I could probably dig around and find it but the Chinese military has been doing bioweapon research at Wuhan since at least 2015, probably earlier. 

We are at war with China, while they develop space nukes, our stupid government let's hundreds of thousands of unvaccininated, uneducated useless people into this country. 

You vaccine people want someone like me to be forced to get the covid vaccine, but seem to be fine with letting hundreds of thousands of people, who we don't know what their Vax status is! 

They could be bringing in measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tuberculosis...ect

They want to overwhelm our Healthcare system and break us from within. 

Anyone that has 2 brain cells to rub together should see what it happening!

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 3

China is currently about to go through a huge economic crisis. I don’t want to side track this thread but they are about to experience something similar to our 2008 crisis but even worse because multiple other crisis are now dominoeing. I’m not saying this was intentionally done (I don’t rule it out) but it would be a good way to hide or lesson the blow of an economic slowdown/collapse if you take down the worlds economy at the same time all the while making them more dependent on you for their goods. Anyways I won’t go further.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

NIH Admits to Funding Gain-of-Function Research in Wuhan 

I think it was @dgambill a few pages back that Senator Paul had a smoking gun somewhere... 

thank you for the article…we all know the NIH knew this stuff all along….undoubtedly trying to get out in front of it as they know it was going to come out. Seems they are going to pin it on a scapegoat. Very Washington DC of them. Funny how these departments aren’t suppose to be political but oh my do they know how to play all the same games as the rest of government. I’ll leave it at that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

China is currently about to go through a huge economic crisis. I don’t want to side track this thread but they are about to experience something similar to our 2008 crisis but even worse because multiple other crisis are now dominoeing. I’m not saying this was intentionally done (I don’t rule it out) but it would be a good way to hide or lesson the blow of an economic slowdown/collapse if you take down the worlds economy at the same time all the while making them more dependent on you for their goods. Anyways I won’t go further.

The CCP is full of geriatrics.  Their one child policy is backfiring big time. The younger population is moving toward freedom and democracy. It's why they shut Hong Kong down and are moving on Taiwan.

China is moving fast to preserve communism because they have no other choice. It's stupid and always fails. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

thank you for the article…we all know the NIH knew this stuff all along….undoubtedly trying to get out in front of it as they know it was going to come out. Seems they are going to pin it on a scapegoat. Very Washington DC of them. Funny how these departments aren’t suppose to be political but oh my do they know how to play all the same games as the rest of government. I’ll leave it at that.

If anyone ever watched the movie Dallas Buyers Club they would know Dr.Tony is only interested in lining his own pockets. 

Anyone who thinks people in government gives a shit about us is a fool. 

I don't give a shit them.  Honestly wish I didn't have to coexist with the worst our society has to offer. 

• Like 2

I'm trying to downplay the seriousness of covid. It's one nasty bug for sure. But it has also become a divisive distraction as well that keeps us from focusing on other serious problems. Yes, I'm looking at you China. On a side note, they are also pushing hard for technological superiority, especially AI, by the end of this decade. The next war will very likely be a technological one. I'm not sure that's even on our national radar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I'm trying to downplay the seriousness of covid. It's one nasty bug for sure. But it has also become a divisive distraction as well that keeps us from focusing on other serious problems. Yes, I'm looking at you China. On a side note, they are also pushing hard for technological superiority, especially AI, by the end of this decade. The next war will very likely be a technological one. I'm not sure that's even on our national radar.

5GW, i.e 5th generation warfare has been in play for awhile and it's happening as we speak.

It's a combination of psychological, propaganda warfare. It's happening in the cyberspace and the 24/7news. Look up CIA and operation mockingbird. 

China is working on putting nukes in space while the US is putting some dude who thinks he is a woman that looks like a Ben Franklin wanbabe as a 4 star admiral?  Unbelievable 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If anyone ever watched the movie Dallas Buyers Club they would know Dr.Tony is only interested in lining his own pockets. 

Anyone who thinks people in government gives a shit about us is a fool. 

I don't give a shit them.  Honestly wish I didn't have to coexist with the worst our society has to offer. 

I haven’t seen that movie but aware of it when it came out. I haven’t looked into too much of Fauci’s work during the AIDS epidemic. I’ve heard positives and some serious negatives that they didn’t want to focus on therapeutics to combat it and were simply focusing on a vaccine (as it always seems to be with him) and so many suffered (maybe similarities to what we see now) as they denied and made difficult for them to access unapproved drugs and therapies that hadn’t been fully tested. Sadly enough these drugs and therapies have all but made living with HIV no longer a death sentence and we still don’t have a vaccine. Some things appear to never change.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I haven’t seen that movie but aware of it when it came out. I haven’t looked into too much of Fauci’s work during the AIDS epidemic. I’ve heard positives and some serious negatives that they didn’t want to focus on therapeutics to combat it and were simply focusing on a vaccine (as it always seems to be with him) and so many suffered (maybe similarities to what we see now) as they denied and made difficult for them to access unapproved drugs and therapies that hadn’t been fully tested. Sadly enough these drugs and therapies have all but made living with HIV no longer a death sentence and we still don’t have a vaccine. Some things appear to never change.

From my understanding this statement is correct. 

Both situations were similar, vaccines will fix it. Don't rely on therapeutics.

But the Dallas Buyers Club guy was going to Mexico to get therapeutics that were banned in the US. 

Similar to the ivermectin debate. 

Dr. Tony is a D student that got elevated to a position he is unqualified for and his only job is to cover his own ass.

Back in the day this dude literally said you could get aids by shaking hands. SMH.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/21/2021 at 7:30 PM, IUFLA said:

NIH Admits to Funding Gain-of-Function Research in Wuhan 

I think it was @dgambill a few pages back that Senator Paul had a smoking gun somewhere... 

So while this bombshell is falling on deaf ears....my prediction...this one is the one that will actually bring Fauci down.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/medical-advances/578086-bipartisan-legislators-demand-answers-from-fauci

People care a whole hell of a lot more about puppies then their fellow humans. 

fauci dog.jpeg

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

So while this bombshell is falling on deaf ears....my prediction...this one is the one that will actually bring Fauci down.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/medical-advances/578086-bipartisan-legislators-demand-answers-from-fauci

People care a whole hell of a lot more about puppies then their fellow humans. 

fauci dog.jpeg

I posted this story on Facebook shortly after you posted it here and went about three hours now with no response.  Normally by now I'd have at least 20 responses amount my roughly one thousand Facebook friends so it's fairly obvious to me that Facebook's algorithm is burying this post.  My only question is why but I suspect I already know that answer (Fauci whitelisted).  I just tagged some of my dog-loving friends to see if that changes anything, but it makes me sick that there is a conscious effort to protect certain people of status.

EDIT:  Notifications are now hitting from several tagged people...imagine that...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I posted this story on Facebook shortly after you posted it here and went about three hours now with no response.  Normally by now I'd have at least 20 responses amount my roughly one thousand Facebook friends so it's fairly obvious to me that Facebook's algorithm is burying this post.  My only question is why but I suspect I already know that answer (Fauci whitelisted).  I just tagged some of my dog-loving friends to see if that changes anything, but it makes me sick that there is a conscious effort to protect certain people of status.

EDIT:  Notifications are now hitting from several tagged people...imagine that...

Facebook....another discussion for another day. No surprises there. I am not on facebook anymore but between the the big 3 of facebook, twitter, and google/youtube...yeah it will be suppressed until they can't.

• Like 3