Coronavirus

Reacher

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure how reliable this projection is, but it's interesting to look at.  

In summary

• The need for hospital beds peaks on April 15th and tails off to manageable numbers by June 1st
  • The daily death rate peaks on April 15th and tails off to just 11 on July 1st.
  • Total deaths tops 82,000

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Has Lunardi put out a covid 19 bracket, yet? 

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure how reliable this projection is, but it's interesting to look at.  

In summary

• The need for hospital beds peaks on April 15th and tails off to manageable numbers by June 1st
  • The daily death rate peaks on April 15th and tails off to just 11 on July 1st.
  • Total deaths tops 82,000

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

I'm sure those projections are as valid as any, but no one knows what this virus is going to do. The numbers could be high, low, or right on. A lot depends on how we, as a population deal with the situation. 

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Fishing banned in Washington state

Going a little too far here?

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

MD now only allows you outside for food and doctor visits up to 8 pm. Can't even be in your backyard after 8 pm.

Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave and I'm over here yelling at the neighbor kids to get off my lawn. 

This is absolutely crossing a line. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave and I'm over here yelling at the neighbor kids to get off my lawn. 

This is absolutely crossing a line. 

Addiction relapses are up...

And I think that's just the tip of the mental health iceberg we're facing...

I'm not unsympathetic to the plight of individuals who contract COVID-19 at all, but we'd better balance this out or it'll be worse than having the pandemic run its course unabated...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not unsympathetic to the plight of individuals at all, but we'd better balance this out or it'll be worse than having the pandemic run its course unabated...

Doesn't surprise me.  What do they expect people to do when they're stuck in the house all day for weeks or months straight?  You can only binge so much Netflix before the urge to binge something else starts. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not unsympathetic to the plight of individuals who contract COVID-19 at all, but we'd better balance this out or it'll be worse than having the pandemic run its course unabated...

The wife has been dealing with anxiety over not working because of this. She is staying busy cleaning and organizing the house.  When I get home phones go in a drawer, draw the blinds and ignore the outside world. Watch tv, play games. Its helping so far. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Fishing banned in Washington state

Going a little too far here?

I have family in Seattle and scattered throughout the area. Fishing is part of their daily/weekly life for recreation or eating. Can't imagine the impact this will have there. Like the article mentioned out on a boat away from people?? It's the very definition of social distancing I would think. Strange times for sure.

Every state is different but a term I think people will become very familiar with in coming hours, days, weeks (if you aren't already) is "certificate of need" laws. I'm linking just the wiki page for the basics. People can google their own respective states rules. People are asking why can't we just add more beds to hospitals to fight this virus? The simple answer is in most states (35 I believe) you can't without permission from legislation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_of_need

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, rico said:

I would say a tad too far.

But I would also add that the very few times I have went salmon fishing in NWI it was nothing to see a 100 guys lined up side by side on the creek bank...

Understand...maybe they could mark off 6 foot sections of the bank...

But a total ban is nuts...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Gotta laugh...one of my colleagues sent me this...

IMG_20200331_081508_MP.jpg

You aren't kidding there. I'm up 9 lbs since January 1st but 5 of those are in the last 2 weeks. I've been walking 5 miles a day (safely by myself,etc...) just to try and slow this train down. Of course it has nothing to do with Totinos, Kit Kats or Coors Light I'm injecting on the daily. Haha.

• Haha 1