ND post game thread

Indykev

35 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am at work. Did IU play today?  🤔

Morgan showed serious killer instinct late. If you have a recording I recommend watching McBob's blocked shot again too.

Edit: Sorry , I don't know how that quoted you . That was an accident, but you missed a wild one. You might want to find and watch all of it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living 1 mile from UD arena, I've watched Archie at least 15 times pull a tight game out at the end.  He is an absolutely brilliant crunch time coach.  I mentioned this on the old forum last year when there were many doubters as to whether Archie was the right guy.  Now you've seen it first hand and you will see it going forward.  The man can flat out coach!

Just now, Rogermci said:

Living 1 mile from UD arena, I've watched Archie at least 15 times pull a tight game out at the end.  He is an absolutely brilliant crunch time coach.  I mentioned this on the old forum last year when there were many doubters as to whether Archie was the right guy.  Now you've seen it first hand and you will see it going forward.  The man can flat out coach!

Welcome to HSN 3.0.  Great to see you again !

1 minute ago, Rogermci said:

Welcome to the new board.

see, i'm pumped about the win, but... i thought RoJo looked very selfish again and started off cold.  eventually had pretty good numbers.  still not a fan.  Morgan, absolutely!  McRoberts, i guess, but the guy can't score.  so when you have him and McSwain and a selfish Johnson the offense is tough to watch.  why can't we have a more talented player who is one of our 12 scholarship guys play as hard, but better than McRoberts?  i love Newkirk on the bench.  maybe he can get into foul trouble every game?

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

Morgan sold me this afternoon. Took command, took control, shook off some bad plays, shook off some bad calls, did it under pressure, couldn't be stopped.

Sold me.

His overall performance, and recent play is definitely worthy to justify that.  Every time Morgan gets the ball he reinforces the confidence in him. This(breakout level of play) appeared to be on the verge with him before ,at a couple of other instances in his career, then a random injury would strike. I got that sinking feeling when he had to leave the game holding his leg. I hope that isn't a lingering concern moving forward.  

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

see, i'm pumped about the win, but... i thought RoJo looked very selfish again and started off cold.  eventually had pretty good numbers.  still not a fan.  Morgan, absolutely!  McRoberts, i guess, but the guy can't score.  so when you have him and McSwain and a selfish Johnson the offense is tough to watch.  why can't we have a more talented player who is one of our 12 scholarship guys play as hard, but better than McRoberts?  i love Newkirk on the bench.  maybe he can get into foul trouble every game?

You're selling McRoberts INCREDIBLY short. Yes, he does play hard, but he is a lot more than that. He's our biggest guard, makes arguably the best decisions of any guards and is actually a really good athlete. A lot of his plays are hustle plays, but many of them aren't a result of hustle, they are a result of being a talented kid. 

Danny Moore and Eric Suhr made an impact with hustle. Do you really think that's how McRoberts does?

29 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Its not McRoberts role to score. See Dennis Rodman.

These are thoughts I had in the in-game thread.

1.  Good things happen when McRoberts is out there.  His hustle and sense of urgency are contagious.  He’s got a great knack for getting 50/50 balls.  This leads to extra possessions.  He can get boards and defends well.  His one drawback is that the defense can sag off of him.  But there are so many positives he brings with this team, I am willing to live with that.  Love his motor.  

2.  Johnson has to shoot if this team has a realistic shot at getting anything done.  He’s a senior and hopefully the light switch comes on for him and he becomes a man possessed down the stretch. I had no problem with his shots early, because he needed to get going.  And he did. 

3.  I think if we go 11-7 in conference, I’d feel good about a tourney bid.  

4.  Our coaching has been outstanding and a big shot in the arm to the program.  The flow in the half court is so much better.  We need more shot makers and that will come.  The schemes are sound.  The game planning is high level so the scouting has been insightful.  Play designs, e.g., at crunch time, is better.  Accountability and consequences are there.   It’s like a different program.  

9 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Nobody else outside of a few can score on offense for this team anyway. McBob is no different and does all the little things right as well. 

I played with a guy in hs who was only allowed to set picks, rebound and play defense. He rarely touched the ball but he started every game with D1 talent around him and was integral to the success of the team. Not everyone on the floor needs to be able to score when what you do on the floor allows easy buckets for your teammates. 

Love that the ACC pre-season player of the year wasn’t the best player on the court today.  And I love the fact that we were down 6 at the half, made adjustments, and won the game without having to hit a bunch of ridiculous threes.  Only made two threes in the last 10 minutes of regulation and OT.

Archived