Recruiting slowing

snowling

34 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This kid from Auburn sounds interesting. 

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2021/03/freshman-guard-justin-powell-transferring-from-auburn.html

Edit. Oops.  Just saw Seeking6 was already on it

Wonder about him going to 3 high schools and now going to his 2nd college.  Also we have seen how concussions has impacted our players with RP and race

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DC2345 said:

I was on that bandwagon when he was a senior at LC. 

I have watched him several times at ISU and he’s really good.  6’9 but handles like a 3.  Mobile.  Can get on the boards and he’s got savvy.  I think he’s a good shooter although he slumped from range this year.  Not a power player though. 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I know nothing about the kid but I’ve seen some suggest that he’s soft. If that’s the case then IU doesn’t need any of that.

Huh.  I have no clue.  Just was the first sentence I read about the kid was that his season was shortened because of a concussion and I went, ut oh in my head.  

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Already have. If that tells anyone what's going to happen. 

I wonder if he would look seriously at IU knowing how hot Archie's seat is.  Even if Archie comes back there is no guarantee he will be here longer than a year.  He has already went through one coaching change so would he want to go through another one.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wonder if he would look seriously at IU knowing how hot Archie's seat is.  Even if Archie comes back there is no guarantee he will be here longer than a year.  He has already went through one coaching change so would he want to go through another one.

Indiana kid may just want to play for Indiana 

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This kid from Auburn sounds interesting. 

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2021/03/freshman-guard-justin-powell-transferring-from-auburn.html

Edit. Oops.  Just saw Seeking6 was already on it

Win-win for Miller if he is still IU's coach and lands this kid. He could come in and help IU's shooting. If he plays poorly he already has an excuse since Powell missed a large chunk of the season with a concussion. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just me....but a kid who is playing at Indiana St would love a chance to play at IU and all the lifetime benefits that come from playing at IU. 

I play cards every Monday night with 2 former Ohio St football guys who were pretty recognized back in the 80's.....one sells real estate and one is a quazi player rep for Ohio St guys wanting to play in the NFL. They still make good loot because of what happened 30+ years ago. 

I think it's the same with IU players. At least CJ Gunn's Dad thinks as much too. 

Getting back on thread subject though....I want Indiana and our staff to move every possible pound of dirt to bring players in this off season. In my world....if TJD leaves....every single position in the lineup is up for grabs. All of them....because 5-40whatever from 3 these last 2 games isn't coaching.

10 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

The transfer portal is going to save Archie's job.

For all the hard knocking on the recruiting class, mostly because of the Trey Kaufman miss, Parker Stewart, Lander, Galloway, Leal, Geronimo all a year older, add 2 bigs, one that can shoot like LaRavia and you are dead on.  Fans are easy to win back, if you win.  We just have lost hope lately.  

49 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

For all the hard knocking on the recruiting class, mostly because of the Trey Kaufman miss, Parker Stewart, Lander, Galloway, Leal, Geronimo all a year older, add 2 bigs, one that can shoot like LaRavia and you are dead on.  Fans are easy to win back, if you win.  We just have lost hope lately.  

Additional talent would be nice but a certain coach needs to change his approach on some things. If he doesn't the current issues will still be there haunting him and the fans. 

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

The transfer portal is going to save Archie's job.

I mentioned this on another thread.  Should CAM be the coach for at least next season it could very well save his job at IU if he can get some transfers that can shoot and execute.  Either way next year will be massive for both CAM and IU.  

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I mentioned this on another thread.  Should CAM be the coach for at least next season it could very well save his job at IU if he can get some transfers that can shoot and execute.  Either way next year will be massive for both CAM and IU.  

Yeap, next year is make it or break it unfortunately. We need to show massive improvement.

21 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I know nothing about the kid but I’ve seen some suggest that he’s soft. If that’s the case then IU doesn’t need any of that.

11.1, 6.1, 4.7 in 10 games, i'll take that. But no kid is coming to IU not knowing who the coach will be. Dolson has given a few interviews over the last week and not once has he said Archie is our coach going into the future.

Archived