Iowa Game Thread

Just now, HoosierFaithful said:

Gotta say, our defense looks good. Especially towards the end when we picked up some turnovers. Lander especially looks much improved on D. That’s a credit to CAM. 

Holding Iowa to 31 points in a half is no joke.... there really was no point in that half we weren't locked in on defense. They got a few easy looks in transition, but our half court defense was stout. 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t cone out at the half with the sluggish veterans.  I watched 25 years of Coach Knight.  He could think through all the permutations and figure out the right combination that is working against that foe. 

Robotically bringing out the same starters, which was likely a mistake to begin with, is unimaginative and uninspired.   

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Remember the best player in the country did not play much for Iowa

True, but even when he was in he wasn't as effective as usual and that was due to the defense. Whether or not they can keep that up in the second half when he'll likely play all 20 minutes remains to be seen. I predict he'll break out and score like 20 in the half.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Iowa fans are pissed 

I still don't understand why coaches today keep their players out just because they have two fouls.  Watched the 81 championship game the other night and RMK left Mitchel in when he got 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes

We need to shot more threes. We shot the bulk of those 9 threes late in the half and not only did we make them, it opened up the floor. We don't have to shoot 40% (like we have been recently), but shooting mid 30s with 20-25 threes in a game would be a really good thing for our offense. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Pretty bad when you overall percentage is lower than your 3 point percentage.

I know we aren’t great 3pt shooting team but we actually need to shoot more 3s....we attempt way way too few 3s. Not only is it worth more points but it will force the defense to close out harder and defend out further opening up more room around the basket. Look for some of those contested shots at the rim to be open shots If we continue to shoot from outside.

Archived