Northwestern Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

Rob is still needed for his defense. You can tell his confidence on offense is low since he’s struggled at the FT line and rarely drives to the basket. But man you can tell the energy on offense is so much better when Lander is running the show. 

We need Landisee 😁

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

Rob is still needed for his defense. You can tell his confidence on offense is low since he’s struggled at the FT line and rarely drives to the basket. But man you can tell the energy on offense is so much better when Lander is running the show. 

Which is why Rob should be coming off the bench. He can play solid D while Landers gets a breather. 

Now, on the negative side for Archie, what is going on that his teams consistently come out like they couldn't care less against unranked teams?

That will ultimately be his downfall if his tenure doesn't end well. 

That 2-9 stat after ranked wins is ridiculous and that first half is almost expected at this point. 

I pretty much expect NW to extend the lead early, and IU fight for 12 minutes to get it from down 12 to down 5 with 3 minutes to go, before NW catches fire the last 2 minutes to win by 9. 

I have no idea what to say.  That had to be the worst half of basketball I have ever seen.  IU can’t score much, can’t hit almost any free throws and then also turns the ball over just about every other possession.  Good thing NW was almost as bad.  There is no way IU should lose (again) to this team.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Now, on the negative side for Archie, what is going on that his teams consistently come out like they couldn't care less against unranked teams?

That will ultimately be his downfall if his tenure doesn't end well. 

That 2-9 stat after ranked wins is ridiculous and that first half is almost expected at this point. 

I pretty much expect NW to extend the lead early, and IU fight for 12 minutes to get it from down 12 to down 5 with 3 minutes to go, before NW catches fire the last 2 minutes to win by 9. 

I’m with you...shooting is on the kids...but man where is their head and preparation? No one can be absolved of this performance.

Archived