Big Ten 2021

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me today we saw MSU and Iowa exposed as being over rated.  If Iowa defense doesn't cause turnovers then they are in trouble.  Both Iowa and MSU offense  looked suspect today and Iowa hasn't really looked good all year.

Iowa hasn’t looked good on offense or hasn’t looked good overall?

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Iowa hasn’t looked good on offense or hasn’t looked good overall?

It is easy to evaluate looking in the rear view mirror. But Iowa has been the benefactor of scheduling, opposition turnovers, and a "fortunate" injury in the PSU game.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

It's amazing how Iowa always sh*ts the bed when they play Purdue. Just missed a 25 yard field goal after a 17 play drive. 7-0 Purdue with 11 minutes to go in the half. 

In all honesty, it could’ve been a much bigger win:

1. Right before that shanked field goal, Purdue dropped an easy pick-6. 

2. Purdue kicker missed a chip shot

3. Purdue lost a TD on the dumb touchback/fumble rule  

Honestly should’ve probably been a 20+ win easily.

Who actually does the AP rankings? There is way too much recency bias going into football rankings this year. This is the second week in a row that a team went from no votes to ranked in one week. Also, it seems like a bit of a contradiction to punish Iowa so severely by dropping them 9 spots while at the same time inserting Purdue into the top 25. 

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Who actually does the AP rankings? There is way too much recency bias going into football rankings this year. This is the second week in a row that a team went from no votes to ranked in one week. Also, it seems like a bit of a contradiction to punish Iowa so severely by dropping them 9 spots while at the same time inserting Purdue into the top 25. 

How many spots should a team drop when they get beaten so easily at home? 9 didn’t seem awful I honestly could’ve seen them dropping more than that. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Holy shit Purdue is ranked for the first time since 2007. We’ll probably lose to Wisky and it’ll be short-lived but wow. 

No one cares…

You have been absent from here for a while and the Toiletmakers win a game and you feel like you can come over here and spout off on a rivals’ board, when we are struggling.

Go away 

• Haha 3

Honestly I don’t think the B1G has looked that great this year. It does look like the traditional powers have found their footing OSU, PSU, Mich, MSU, Iowa….Wisc is the only one really struggling. Iowa just played a terribly flat game. Credit Purdue it was by far their best game this year even with a few missed plays. I’m expecting a snobber knocker for the bucket later this year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No one cares…

You have been absent from here for a while and the Toiletmakers win a game and you feel like you can come over here and spout off on a rivals’ board, when we are struggling.

Go away 

Absent for awhile? I posted after we lost to Minnesota and said I thought we had a chance to beat Iowa. I’ve posted in the MLB thread and the NFL thread in the last week. Haven’t posted much in the college football thread since we both had byes last weekend. So no, I haven’t been “absent for a while” lol. 

I didn’t say anything bad about IU and only came to post about Purdue’s win yesterday because @dgambilltagged me in a post. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

Just now, dgambill said:

Honestly I don’t think the B1G has looked that great this year. It does look like the traditional powers have found their footing OSU, PSU, Mich, MSU, Iowa….Wisc is the only one really struggling. Iowa just played a terribly flat game. Credit Purdue it was by far their best game this year even with a few missed plays. I’m expecting a snobber knocker for the bucket later this year.

Where would Iowa be if they were in the B1G East?

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How many spots should a team drop when they get beaten so easily at home? 9 didn’t seem awful I honestly could’ve seen them dropping more than that. 

I'm saying it doesn't make sense to drop a team that much while at the same time rewarding the team that beat them. 

Eight teams got more votes than Purdue in the Coaches' Poll. That would make Purdue 34th in that poll while being 25th in the AP. You don't usually see that much of a gap between where a team comes in for both polls. This feels like what the SEC does whenever one of its higher-ranked teams loses to an unranked team. Texas A&M and UK both got ranked after beating Alabama and Florida. They want to try and excuse the loss while getting more teams ranked. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm saying it doesn't make sense to drop a team that much while at the same time rewarding the team that beat them. 

Eight teams got more votes than Purdue in the Coaches' Poll. That would make Purdue 34th in that poll while being 25th in the AP. You don't usually see that much of a gap between where a team comes in for both polls. This feels like what the SEC does whenever one of its higher-ranked teams loses to an unranked team. Texas A&M and UK both got ranked after beating Alabama and Florida. They want to try and excuse the loss while getting more teams ranked. 

Fair enough. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Here you go.  The pollsters:

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/pollsters/2021

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

Where would Iowa be if they were in the B1G East?

This year? Probably right behind OSU. Not sure what Michigan is yet. Don’t believe the hype. Both them and Michigan St have yet to beat anyone of note. Miami and Washington have both looked terrible. Thing is they play and I still won’t know anything because the winner may still not have played anyone. At least Penn St beat Auburn…albeit barely…and at home in a night game in prime time. So I’d have to put Iowa second until I see more. Their offense is pretty pedestrian but defense is darn good. Definitely had a let down after emotional game. That said they should still play OSU for the B1G championship.