Big Ten 2021-2022

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I had to go look. This would make the 17th single digit win this year for Sconny. No clue what that means...but I know I wouldn't mind having a 30 year old PG directing things. 

Means they have guys who hit big shots at crunch time...and it isn't just Davis and Davison...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Means they have guys who hit big shots at crunch time...and it isn't just Davis and Davison...

I'm starting to inch a little bit closer to comparing this Sconny team to our 89 team. No way they should win title...except Davis is the 2nd coming of Edwards in my eyes. 

In terms of 17 single digit wins. That means crunch time like you said....or won't make it past the first weekend like Illinois last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Wisky up on Rutgers at Jersey Mike's Arena (now I'm craving a chipotle cheesesteak sub) by 9 at the break...

Rutgers has held Johnny D to 4 points, but Davison (tee up for @Joe_Hoopsier 😁) and Chucky Hepburn have 11 and 10 points respectively.

Public service announcement. Davison is a dirty SOB!!!!. This is a real emergency, had this been only a drill, I would stop these announcements, but it ISN'T a drill and I am NOT stopping. Davison is a dirty SOB. 

😁  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Public service announcement. Davison is a dirty SOB!!!!. This is a real emergency, had this been only a drill, I would stop these announcements, but it ISN'T a drill and I am NOT stopping. Davison is a dirty SOB. 

😁  

You'd have been proud of Bo Borowski...he called a bogus foul on Davison and pointed right at the dirty SOB!

😉

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

You'd have been proud of Bo Borowski...he called a bogus foul on Davison and pointed right at the dirty SOB!

😉

Are you kidding me? AND I missed it !

I swore 2 years ago that I was NOT leaving the house ever again and this happens the first time I break my rules. #$ck!

Davison is a dirty SOB! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

😉

That was classic Bo Boroski. Rutgers had just airballed a 3 that Wisconsin easily rebounded, Davison and Mulcahy both hit the deck, Boroski, being the homer ref he is, blew his whistle, and realized he had a decision to make: he could either call it on the home team, which would be Mulcahy's 5th, or he could call it on the visitors, only Davison's 1st. Every Big Ten official's copy of "Big Ten reffing for dummies" textbook says you always give the home team that call, every time, so he did. 

Edited by TheWatShot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That was classic Bo Boroski. Rutgers had just airballed a 3 that Wisconsin easily rebounded, Davison and Mulcahy both hit the deck, Boroski, being the homer ref he is, blew his whistle, and realized he had a decision to make: he could either call it on the home team, which would be Mulcahy's 5th, or he could call it on the visitors, only Davison's 1st. Every Big Ten official's copy of "Big Ten reffing for dummies" textbook says you always give the home team that call, every time, so he did. 

It did take him a minute to weigh the odds, didn't it?

Still wonder why big men in the college basketball haven't learned good post moves.  All we see is them backing their man down with the dribble until they get to the basket.  What happened to guys catching it and making a quick decision and have that turn around jumper over either shoulder.  I see very little up and under moved or how about a pump fake to get the defender off of their feet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still wonder why big men in the college basketball haven't learned good post moves.  All we see is them backing their man down with the dribble until they get to the basket.  What happened to guys catching it and making a quick decision and have that turn around jumper over either shoulder.  I see very little up and under moved or how about a pump fake to get the defender off of their feet.

Here's a scouting video of a big man playing the time of game you reference.  Not sure where he plays high school ball, but maybe IU should look at him.

13 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

totally agree. it's the new fad at all levels so they can set their defense up.  to me, it stops positive momentum.  i never want to do that.  i want to step momentum when it's going the wrong way.  

Izzo gifted Purdue a timeout by doing it earlier today. Is it really expecting too much of college basketball players to know what they need to do in the final 1.4 seconds? 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Izzo gifted Purdue a timeout by doing it earlier today. Is it really expecting too much of college basketball players to know what they need to do in the final 1.4 seconds? 

Izzo was on DD show a couple of weeks ago and DD asked him why he always calls timeouts at the end of the game.  Izzo day today's players can't be trusted to remember what to do at the end of the games.  He said he would call TO until they get a belt that you can text players on the court.