High School Hoops '21-'22

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because I value what Comer did more then what Loyer did. 

Be a good player on a stacked team versus a good player on an meh team? Agree to disagree. To me, it’s clear Loyer is the better player. Do you think Comer is better than Smith? 

Edited by Stlboiler23

On 4/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, btownqb said:

Top 2 in the MR bball voting couldnt get out of the regional. 👍

Couldn’t or didn’t…not saying I know either situation but in a single elimination tournament….upsets happen. I’ve also seen some pretty unbelievable players and teams get some weird defenses or just loaded teams get put in their way that is hard to overcome if they don’t have much help.

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Be a good player on a stacked team versus a good player on an meh team? Agree to disagree. To me, it’s clear Loyer is the better player. Ranking services, Mr. Bball voting, etc would agree. 

The question wasn't who was the better player. 

Mr Bball is much more then simply... who is the best player. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The question wasn't who was the better player. 

Mr Bball is much more then simply... who is the best player. 

Man, I respect you and agree with most of what you say here, but when are you going to give this one up? 

Clearly, the voters didn’t feel that Comer was the 2nd best player in the state. Nothing you can do about it. Hopefully, the kid progresses and proves you right wherever he ends up.

Let Smith and Loyer have their time in the sun. Have a feeling that they won’t have much more as they spend the next few years in W Lafayette 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Man, I respect you and agree with most of what you say here, but when are you going to give this one up? 

Clearly, the voters didn’t feel that Comer was the 2nd best player in the state. Nothing you can do about it. Hopefully, the kid progresses and proves you right wherever he ends up.

Let Smith and Loyer have their time in the sun. Have a feeling that they won’t have much more as they spend the next few years in W Lafayette 

"Give it up". I have made 4 posts, maybe 5 posts about it yesterday and today. Maybe one or two last week when Boiler literally asked "who is Mr Bball"

If this were a week from now, still won't agree with it, but I can promise you... I'll be posting about something else to drum up discussion lol 

I am very much on topic right now. The IN All Star team was just announced today, along w/the Loyer news. 

Comer not being in the top 5 is 100% laughable though. This is not some monstrosity to me though that Loyer was considered over Comer lol... I just don't share that opinion. I also feel, without having a ton of data, the voters have been inconsistent the way they vote in football and in basketball. Sometimes the team awards matter, some they don't. Sometimes being in Indy matters a lot.. sometimes they don't. I never understand them. I feel they're inconsistent. 

This is the first I have mentioned about that. Again, its all imo.. I dont think I'm the gospel. 

Edited by btownqb

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"Give it up". I have made 4 posts, maybe 5 posts about it yesterday and today. Maybe one or two last week when Boiler literally asked "who is Mr Bball"

If this were a week from now, still won't agree with it, but I can promise you... I'll be posting about something else to drum up discussion lol 

I am very much on topic right now. The IN All Star team was just announced today, along w/the Loyer news. 

Comer not being in the top 5 is 100% laughable though. This is not some monstrosity to me though that Loyer was considered over Comer lol... I just don't share that opinion. I also feel, without having a ton of data, the voters have been inconsistent the way they vote in football and in basketball. Sometimes the team awards matter, some they don't. Sometimes being in Indy matters a lot.. sometimes they don't. I never understand them. I feel they're inconsistent. 

This is the first I have mentioned about that. Again, its all imo.. I dont think I'm the gospel. 

I agree with you that Comer should’ve been top 5. Good point re football and basketball. The Kiser/Bell example is an interesting one. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not according to Rabjohns lol. He voted Gunn number 1 because he thought he was the best player and had a tremendous career. 

Well.. thats dumb, Boiler. I can't account for stupidity. I don't even follow him on Twitter. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Wow….guess a kid from out of state doesn’t understand the honor and importance us “Hoosiers” put on representing Indiana HS basketball. Maybe someone will talk to him and he will figure out the enjoyment and honor of representing the people of Indiana in its most prestigious pastime. 

If it’s so important…why haven’t I seen it on tv in 20 years.   I used to watch it along with Hinkle Regional….baseball….boxing….get off my lawn, my daughter grazes there!

What happened…was I out long!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

If it’s so important…why haven’t I seen it on tv in 20 years.   I used to watch it along with Hinkle Regional….baseball….boxing….get off my lawn, my daughter grazes there!

Reasonable points. You can't say it's something YOU want to see though, right? I think we should all prefer the 12 best in our state to play on our All Star team. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Reasonable points. You can't say it's something YOU want to see though, right? I think we should all prefer the 12 best in our state to play on our All Star team. 

The good news is whoever replaced him was thrilled to get the honor 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Purdue7 said:

The good news is whoever replaced him was thrilled to get the honor 

Just keep kicking the poop out of KY. 

Maybe we should just showcase the North vs the South or IN SR vs IN JR. Or start playing Ohio. Kentucky looks like a jv squad most years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't Allan Henderson not play in one of the all star games. Some thought he was upset with not winning Mr. Basketball but I don't think it was true

I don't follow the all star circuit but I thought that you could only play in 2 games and he chose the game in Indiana and MCDAA game I thought. Maybe not. I know that Sherron was stripped of the award for not wanting to play in the In/Ky all star games. 

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't follow the all star circuit but I thought that you could only play in 2 games and he chose the game in Indiana and MCDAA game I thought. Maybe not. I know that Sherron was stripped of the award for not wanting to play in the In/Ky all star games. 

Yeah, I do believe there is some sort of rule concerning "all-star" games.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Well I used to go to it when I lived up north…maybe you are right. Maybe it’s passé 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

North Davies(1A) has decided to not join 2A and has requested to join 3A

So dumb.  They are trying to avoid Linton and Brownstown, but even if they win a sectional, the 3A talent will eventually chew them up.  Meanwhile, they've given every 2A and 3A school around them a lot of bulletin board material.

They would have been smarter just to step up and take their lumps.  Not a great look for the 1A champs to admit they can't compete with local 2A schools. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

So dumb.  They are trying to avoid Linton and Brownstown, but even if they win a sectional, the 3A talent will eventually chew them up.  Meanwhile, they've given every 2A and 3A school around them a lot of bulletin board material.

They would have been smarter just to step up and take their lumps.  Not a great look for the 1A champs to admit they can't compete with local 2A schools. 

I'm so confused. Legit they did this? 

They said they don't want to be in 2A?  Lol 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm so confused. Legit they did this? 

They said they don't want to be in 2A?  Lol 

Yeah, it's legit.  I don't think they said it publicly, but it's all over local rumor mills that they felt the local talent was stronger at the 2A level.  That may well be true, but what's their goal...to win a sectional? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1