MSU game thread

Hoosierfan1901

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No. Not at all. 

Its a common foul. You move on. You should never get two FTs because the other team committed a smart play. Lower levels do it right. 

Besides the fact that Stewart didn't even have the ball anymore when he got wrapped up - why would this be right? You shouldn't be able to stop a team with an easy fast break by not even making a basketball play. 

We can't sit here and call for more freedom of movement, less contact, etc. and then turn around and say you should be able to grab guys to stop fast breaks. 

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

Watch other leagues and it is a free flowing game and teams goes up and down the floor.  Then watch the big ten it is like watching wrestling and this isn't how basketball is supposed to be played.  I rarely notice refs in other conferences but in every big ten game they try to be part of the game.

To be fair, I think fans notice the refs in games where their favorite team is playing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watch other leagues and it is a free flowing game and teams goes up and down the floor.  Then watch the big ten it is like watching wrestling and this isn't how basketball is supposed to be played.  I rarely notice refs in other conferences but in every big ten game they try to be part of the game.

You can argue that this hurts Big Ten teams in the NCAA’s.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Besides the fact that Stewart didn't even have the ball anymore when he got wrapped up - why would this be right? You shouldn't be able to stop a team with an easy fast break by not even making a basketball play. 

We can't sit here and call for more freedom of movement, less contact, etc. and then turn around and say you should be able to grab guys to stop fast breaks. 

I think he did have the ball. I can't find a way to prove myself right about that though, have to wait for the replay. 

And if it was off the ball, then yeah, I'm good with it. But, again, I thought it was on the ball. 

I don't like that thats deemed worthy of 2 shots. That seems soft to me. I also want LESS things for completely inept officials to call lol 

Why is it that post players today just tried to back their man down to the basket instead of leaving a good turn around jumper.  It just seems post players just flips the ball up instead of just shooting the ball.  You won't have any touch or back spin just pushing up the touch.  The ball will just bang off the rim and won't go in.  Also why don't they learn angles and use the board.

18 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We can’t give up another 37 in the second half. 

That’s exactly right.  We gave up way too much penetration. Stewart, Bates, Kopp.  They just aren’t keeping guys from getting downhill and into the lane.  X being in foul trouble hurt.  We need him for heavy minutes in the second half.   Phinisee would have helped us.  

On offense, I think Trayce can go to work on these guys.  But he can’t do it alone.  It would be nice if some guys hit some jumpers.  Maybe Kopp.   And obviously we need to hit free throws.  Free throws are really something that prevent us from taking the next step as a team.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2