2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

mlb.com putting the teams in tiers.  I truly do not get the placement of the Cardinals.  With the Reds injuries, I would have the Cubs #1 in the Central, but the Reds #2, with a path to #1 if they get heathy.  The Cards just are not as good as those two teams.

image.png.838dc30747f2788af11fb3cf10a54a83.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Reds heads, where do you like to sit in Great American? Planning a trip for September.

Depends on day versus night.  I prefer first base side, field level.  But, if it's during the day, you will need to be in the last 5-6 rows to be out of the sun.  It can get really, really warm if not. 

And, as Scott said, Right field is the best if you prefer an outfield view.  Once again, that would be better for night games.     

Who's your team?

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Depends on day versus night.  I prefer first base side, field level.  But, if it's during the day, you will need to be in the last 5-6 rows to be out of the sun.  It can get really, really warm if not. 

And, as Scott said, Right field is the best if you prefer an outfield view.  Once again, that would be better for night games.     

Who's your team?

Going to see the Braves, targeting Tuesday 9/17. It'd be an evening game, 6:10. For Indians games here in Indy we usually sit along the third base line.

This list every year always interests me.  It may be my imagination, but it seems like the number of 40+ names is much smaller than what it was when I was growing up.  Where are the likes of Nolan Ryan, Carlton Fisk, Phil Niekro, and Julio Franco?  Those guys played until their mid-40's and beyond.

https://www.mlb.com/news/oldest-players-in-mlb-2024

1) J. Verlander - 41

2) J. Votto - 40

3) C. Morton - 40

4) M. Scherzer - 39

5) J. Turner - 39

6) D. Robertson - 38

7) D. Bard - 38

8.) A. Ottavino - 38

9) M. Carpenter - 38

10) C. Santana - 37

Adding to what I posted above.  Are Verlander and Scherzer the last of the workhorse starters that pitch into their late 30's and early 40's?  Just doesn't seem like starters these days will ever be allowed to log the number of innings over the number of years that those guys have.  And, compared to years gone by, Verlander and Scherzer wouldn't rank near the top of the list of workhorses.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I just now realized baseball opens up this week....wow. 

Where you been?  In reality, it opened last week when the Dodgers and Padres split a two game series in South Korea.

The most important thing to remember about baseball is to never root for the Cardinals.  0-162 is not even sufficient enough suffering for them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Where you been?  In reality, it opened last week when the Dodgers and Padres split a two game series in South Korea.

The most important thing to remember about baseball is to never root for the Cardinals.  0-162 is not even sufficient enough suffering for them.

I guess knee deep in hoops and golf and travel and trying not to enter the FMW thread....and poof baseball is here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Happy Opening Day to all who celebrate! My first game was pushed back to tomorrow.

I'm legit sick and stayed home from work today.  Thought to myself that there are worse days to be out sick than Opening Day.  Plant myself in front of TV and watch baseball.  Then I find out that the 1 o'clock games are rained out. What a cruel joke.    

• Sad 1

I'm throwing this in here just because most eyes. So last night at Carmel baseball some kids parent or parents rented a plan and had a banner flying over the game saying Carmel Baseball is Daddy Ball.

On one hand it's not the first time parents get ticked over playing time for either favorites or perceived favorites. On the other hand....only at Carmel would a parent rent or use their own plane to do this move.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm throwing this in here just because most eyes. So last night at Carmel baseball some kids parent or parents rented a plan and had a banner flying over the game saying Carmel Baseball is Daddy Ball.

On one hand it's not the first time parents get ticked over playing time for either favorites or perceived favorites. On the other hand....only at Carmel would a parent rent or use their own plane to do this move.

I take it the coach has a son or two on the team?  Regardless, that's ridiculous.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I take it the coach has a son or two on the team?  Regardless, that's ridiculous.  

I'll find out but more than likely yes...or some kids parent has more juice and is getting more playing time. Been going on since the beginning of time but flying a banner over a high school game is next level petty.

• Like 2

Just my two cents on marketing. MLB is missing a major window early today. One nationally televised game (up against Sweet 16) and everything else is just starting.

Maybe it's the traditional homer in me but I always felt like the Reds should open the season.....why not have them and a few other games at 1:05 with no competition. Make it an all day thing?

• Like 1