2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

In seasons with at least 20 games played in March/April, this is the worst start in Cardinals history. They were 8-14 in 1988, 10-14 in 2007 and 9-12 in both 1969 and 1978. The Cardinals finished below .500 in all of those seasons except 1969. If we dropped the games played criterion down to 15, we'd have to go all the way back to 1932 (5-10) to find the only start worse for this franchise.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-power-rankings-rays-pirates-become-latest-to-join-exclusive-20-wins-before-may-club/

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds need to make some roster moves in the next few weeks. 

Send down Newman, Barrero, Fairchild, Cessa and Weaver.

Bring up Encarscion-Strand, Del Cruz, McClain, Abbott,

De La Cruz is hitting .216.  He needs to show he can consistently hit AAA pitching before the introduce him to Major League pitching.  

11 minutes ago, rico said:

In seasons with at least 20 games played in March/April, this is the worst start in Cardinals history. They were 8-14 in 1988, 10-14 in 2007 and 9-12 in both 1969 and 1978. The Cardinals finished below .500 in all of those seasons except 1969. If we dropped the games played criterion down to 15, we'd have to go all the way back to 1932 (5-10) to find the only start worse for this franchise.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-power-rankings-rays-pirates-become-latest-to-join-exclusive-20-wins-before-may-club/

Tha's a shame.  

• Haha 1

OPS+ for 3rd Basemen as of today.  Matt Chapman hitting at a historic level.  A half dozen others doing exceptionally well.  But, a whole lot of mediocrity on the right side of the ledger, including some several names.  The majority of fans that participate in this thread would like to have more from their 3B, the Cubs and Yankees being the exception.

image.png.765c5f4e97c3bfed3004f6480e731792.png

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yanks begin a 4 game series against the league leading Rays tonight at the Tropicana Field.

Not feeling too optimistic with everyone hurt. They could be 13 games out by the end of the weekend.

Rays played Pittsburgh this afternoon?

I have issues with things like this.  ESPN MLB power rankings for this week.

We're one month into the season.  Start giving teams credit for being better than expected, and holding others accountable for sucking.  Are they still trying to justify their preseason rankings?

The Mets, who have the same record as the Marlins, in the same division, are ranked 6th.  Meanwhile, there are only 2 teams with worse records than the Cardinals.

image.png.636596d069ae0ac986bb7efec531fa5f.png

• Like 1

OPS+ for SS as of today.  I doubt any of us would have guessed the first two on the list.  the most offensively challenged position so far.  I was really surprised to see Trea Turner rank so low.  Was a surprised that Jose Barrero was so close to the bottom?  No.  No, I was not. 

image.png.1d63931921f1b0c9fe961d01bd2d493f.png

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just turned on MLB Network and something is happening in Philadelphia. In the Red Sox bullpen someone is having a medical problem and they have delayed the game

Sounds as if it may have been a fan who fell over the railing.  the game has resumed, so It's likely nothing serious related to a member of the team.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Sounds as if it may have been a fan who fell over the railing.  the game has resumed, so It's likely nothing serious related to a member of the team.  

I just saw it on MLB Network and they showed them talking the fan off on a cart

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have issues with things like this.  ESPN MLB power rankings for this week.

We're one month into the season.  Start giving teams credit for being better than expected, and holding others accountable for sucking.  Are they still trying to justify their preseason rankings?

The Mets, who have the same record as the Marlins, in the same division, are ranked 6th.  Meanwhile, there are only 2 teams with worse records than the Cardinals.

image.png.636596d069ae0ac986bb7efec531fa5f.png

These are updated weekly, right? How do you go a whole week without winning and maintain the same ranking? 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

These are updated weekly, right? How do you go a whole week without winning and maintain the same ranking? 

Yep.  they are updated weekly.  Terrible job by whoever is doing the rankings.  Make an effort.  Show some pride.  Don't just say "Oh, team X is supposed to be good and team Y is supposed to suck, so I'll ignore what they have actually done on the field.  .  

Edited by 5fouls

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  they are updated weekly.  Terrible job by whoever is doing the rankings.  Make an effort.  Show some pride.  Don't just say "Oh, team X is supposed to be good and team Y is supposed to suck, so I'll ignore what they have actually done on the field.  .  

Must be the same people that kept Purdue in the same spot both times after we beat them. 🤣

• Haha 2