2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, rico said:

@Seeking6I am telling you Fulmer was born to be in the Cincinnati bullpen.  I was laughing so hard in the top of the 9th.  Nothing like walking an .063 hitter to face Betts.  That kind of a performance has Reds written all over it.

Every year there are 2-3 roster spots that get the angst of the fans. Fulmer is 20 games in and he might as well DFA him. Getting to the point already where the fans will be booing him and Ross if he's brought in.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly even as a Cubs fan I am as well. Some really, really good young pieces there. Doing all of this without Cruz too. 

Hopefully they can reach a deal with Reynolds on an extension. Already locked up Hayes. Great farm system. There’s a lot to be excited about! I felt solid about our bats, but pitching has been awesome so far this year which has been a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

Time for the Reds to start bring up some of their top prospects. Like Dela Cruz and Encarscion-Strand and this guy.

Abbott, a 23-year-old lefthander, was promoted to Triple-A Louisville. In three starts at Double-A Chattanooga this season, he permitted six hits and two runs in 15 2/3 innings with a jaw-dropping 36 strikeouts and three walks. It's the highest strikeout rate among all minor leaguers who have pitched more than five innings.

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sonny Gray is putting up some phenomenal numbers so far this year for the Twins. Left tonight’s game v the Yankees after 7 innings. No runs allowed. Three hits, 2 walks, 8 strikeouts. He is going to be 3-0 with an .062 ERA. OBP of .207.

Been a while since my Twins had a dominant pitcher 

Very happy to see him do well in Minnesota.  Had a lot of respect for him when he was with the Reds.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sonny Gray is putting up some phenomenal numbers so far this year for the Twins. Left tonight’s game v the Yankees after 7 innings. No runs allowed. Three hits, 2 walks, 8 strikeouts. He is going to be 3-0 with an .062 ERA. OBP of .207.

Been a while since my Twins had a dominant pitcher 

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Very happy to see him do well in Minnesota.  Had a lot of respect for him when he was with the Reds.

What can I say about Sonny Grey as a Yankee fan? He didn't do nearly as well when he was in the Bronx. I mean Yankees used Jhony Brito last night for cryin' out loud!

Yankees are in big trouble. Only have 40% of their starting pitching rotation, Rodon out, Severino out again, Frankie Montas out with Tommy John relievers out, offense is hurt, Harrison Bader out, Josh Donaldson out, Stanton out.

4 minutes ago, KDB said:

Pirates locked up Bryan Reynolds with an 8 yr, $106m extension. Biggest contract in franchise history. Happy fan here.

They will need to stay competitive for him to see the end of that contract in Pittsburgh. 

As a Reds fan, I dont actually root for the Pirates, but I like it when a team can hang onto a franchise player.  Hope he is able to finish his career there. 

On top of that, it's good to see McCutcheon back in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

giphy.gif

6-3 and the bases loaded for the Reds in the bottom of the 8th. Looks like Bell just made another bone headed move. Texas had aLH pitcher who the Reds are hitting, he takes out Friedel who actually hits LH well. Everyone knew when you brought.Myets in to hit they would bring in a RH pitchers. Now Bell takes out Myers for another LH bat. So he just wasted 2 players

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

6-3 and the bases loaded for the Reds in the bottom of the 8th. Looks like Bell just made another bone headed move. Texas had aLH pitcher who the Reds are hitting, he takes out Friedel who actually hits LH well. Everyone knew when you brought.Myets in to hit they would bring in a RH pitchers. Now Bell takes out Myers for another LH bat. So he just wasted 2 players

Guess not a bone headed move after all. Reds has scored 6 in the 8th to take a 7-6 lead.