2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

12 minutes ago, rico said:

What about Wizzy?

He's been a nice surprise as well.

The Cubs offense has been pretty good so far. I picked out Bellinger because we got him at a bargain basement (relatively speaking) price for a former (2019) MVP who's only 27 years old... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The Cubs offense has been pretty good so far. I picked out Bellinger because we got him at a bargain basement (relatively speaking) price for a former (2019) MVP who's only 27 years old... 

Wisdom and Bellinger need to continue this.  Remember, I was high on the Cubs heading into this season.

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Lineup is starting to come together for sure. Wisdom is on fire. Bellinger finding form and guys like Nico and Lieutenant Dan just keep doing their thing. If we can get some consistency from Happ in RBI producing at bats we'll really have something.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Top 2 earned run averages in MLB as of today.

Sonny Gray:  0.53

Luis Castillo:  0.73

What do they have in common?  Former Cincinnati Reds, of course

The "What if?" keeps playing in my head.  Those 2 would have been Reds right now.  We could have been contenders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Top 2 earned run averages in MLB as of today.

Sonny Gray:  0.53

Luis Castillo:  0.73

What do they have in common?  Former Cincinnati Reds, of course

Sonny Gray??? Yankee fans couldn't get him out of the Bronx soon enough!!

I'm still pi$$ed at Cashman for letting Castillo get away. Instead we get that tough pitcher, Frankie Montas who was probably already injured when they traded for him!!!

• Like 1

We’ve started prepping our annual baseball road trip. Unfortunately Covid put a damper on the festivities but this year myself, my son, my brother and his son are road tripping to Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. 

My brother and I started the summer before Covid by meeting in Minnesota and then heading over to Milwaukee and down to Chicago. We had started to plan a SoCal trip for the following year but Covid happened. We’re finally back on track!!  Excited to knock off 3 more stadiums from the list (been to PNC in Pitt). 

• Like 4

Seems like the Yankees are getting snake-bit on the injuries....

Carlos Rodon, the big name signing, has yet to pitch in a game due to elbow tightness. Now this:

April 18: LHP Carlos Rodón experiencing back discomfort
Rodón tossed a two-inning, "split" bullpen as scheduled on April 17, but the left-hander reported that his “back is still barking a little bit on him,” according to manager Aaron Boone. Rodón is expected to have tests performed near the Yankees’ complex in Tampa, Fla.

“We’ve got to get the back situation calmed down a little bit,” Boone said. “It’s frustrating for him, certainly. Again, the elbow is good. I don’t think this is anything that’s a big deal other than a nuisance that’s slowing him a little bit. We know he’s going to be worth the wait.”

• Like 1