2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I cringed the first time I heard of the idea... but man... 

Same but I'm getting closer and closer to just saying screw it. These MLB hitters know the zone better than anyone. Their eyes have been trained since Jr High. When I see umps consistently not only have different zones but change the zone in the top of the 5th I've just had enough. 

• Like 3

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Same but I'm getting closer and closer to just saying screw it. These MLB hitters know the zone better than anyone. Their eyes have been trained since Jr High. When I see umps consistently not only have different zones but change the zone in the top of the 5th I've just had enough. 

I can absolutely understand a hitter going nuts on an ump for something like this. 

And the arrogance of some umps/refs is NUTTY. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same but I'm getting closer and closer to just saying screw it. These MLB hitters know the zone better than anyone. Their eyes have been trained since Jr High. When I see umps consistently not only have different zones but change the zone in the top of the 5th I've just had enough

Heck, I've seen them do it all game long....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I can absolutely understand a hitter going nuts on an ump for something like this. 

And the arrogance of some umps/refs is NUTTY. 

It's what Schwarber did last year when got tossed. He basically told the umps not just for him and his team but the other team as well. The zone changes so much nobody can develop consistency so it leads to them chasing bad pitches and more strikeouts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's what Schwarber did last year when got tossed. He basically told the umps not just for him and his team but the other team as well. The zone changes so much nobody can develop consistency so it leads to them chasing bad pitches and more strikeouts.

Personally.. I'd just put a faux ump behind the plate with an automated ear piece. Ball "crosses" the plate... ear piece with the K zone hooked up to it telling the ump whether it was a ball or strike. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I was taught at a young age to swing at anything close.

• Like 2

Barry Larkin just apologized to Hoosier fans for saying University of Indiana instead of Indiana University when talking about Schwarber.  Nott sure if that was from what he said last night or if he said it tonight.  Not been paying as much attention tonight.