2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Watching the game Barrero did not want to leave the game.  Better not to push a more serious injury in the hammy and make sure all is good, I think. Vosler replaced him and hit the 3 run bomb to win the game. 

What will the pitch clock do to pitchers when the heat and humidity settle in? 

34 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Watching the game Barrero did not want to leave the game.  Better not to push a more serious injury in the hammy and make sure all is good, I think. Vosler replaced him and hit the 3 run bomb to win the game. 

Barrero may find himself in danger of being "Wally Pipped" if he is indeed injured.  From what I have read and heard McClain is major league ready.  The best thing for Jose is to be healthy and prove he can hit.

As far as the pitchers in the heat and humidity...we shall see.

24 minutes ago, rico said:

Barrero may find himself in danger of being "Wally Pipped" if he is indeed injured.  From what I have read and heard McClain is major league ready.  The best thing for Jose is to be healthy and prove he can hit.

As far as the pitchers in the heat and humidity...we shall see.

Barrero could find himself in the OF rotation even if McClain comes up to play SS.  The bats in the OF are predominantly lefty.

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

I think the clock will also encourage pitchers to not only pitch faster, but pitch smarter.  Less time to overthink it and we could see more strikes.  More strikes would mean fewer pitches, which could help in the heat of summer.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Barrero could find himself in the OF rotation even if McClain comes up to play SS.  The bats in the OF are predominantly lefty.

Yes.  The Reds seem to want him in CF.  But the point remains he needs to show he can hit.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Benson is on the road back to the minors unless he miraculously finds his bat making contact with the ball.  So far he has 8 at bats with 6 strikeouts.  Spring training turned out to be April fools.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Benson is on the road back to the minors unless he miraculously finds his bat making contact with the ball.  So far he has 8 at bats with 6 strikeouts.  Spring training turned out to be April fools.

There is a reason Cleveland let him go.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds will have a decision when Votto is ready to come back. His replacement at 1st is Vossler and he just jit his 3rd home run in 3 games and lead the team in RBI.

Reds up 3-1 in the fourth.

Wish he could play left when they send Benson down.