2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

On 3/28/2023 at 3:47 PM, 5fouls said:

So, @Naturalhoosier,

What's the Astros plan for replacing Altuve for the first 2-3 months?

Just saw this sorry for the delay. David Hensley and Mauricio Dubon will split time. Hensley’s the better bat but Dubon’s the better glove. Both righties so there’s no advantage to starting one over the other based on opposing pitcher’s arm. 

Excited to watch the season play out. Hopefully we repeat. But we have such a young pitching staff. No one over 30. Our bullpen is tops in the league and the lineup is sharp. Watch for Tucker to have a breakout year with the shift being illegal now. Assuming teams don’t move the LF into that shallow RF spot and use the CF as a roamer out in LFC like Boston tried in spring training. I liked the idea just not sure how practical it is to leave all that green wide open. 

The AL West is deeper than the prior 4-5 yrs (barring Oakland. They’re still garbage). If the Astros don’t win the West it’ll be a big disappointment but I also don’t think 106 wins is in the cards either. I’d guess 95-97 is where we’ll fall. 

I’m just excited baseball is back baby!!!!!!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, rico said:

PLAY BALL!

That’s great. All teams are playing and all I can watch is my Astros tonight. Hell, even the free game of the day on mlb.tv is blacked out for me. I don’t receive any Baltimore channels but apparently I’m in the market. 

F U MLB. Lol

Edited by Naturalhoosier

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

4-0 shutout for the Cubs. Stroman went 6 innings, 90 pitches, and 8k's. Swanson the answer on offense today. Glad they got this game in because next couple of days weather wise is tough.

I am a tad worried about Yan behind the plate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

3 runs on the inning on 1 hit, 4 walks and a wild pitch. Our first inning should have been more than 1 run, with bases loaded a no outs.

TySteve has let them down with risp.  But she is tied heading into the 6th, 4-4.

• Like 1

Watching the Pale Hose and the Astros... 1-0 Astros lead, top of the 8th... Moncada leads off and grounds one to first, which goes through Abreau's legs... Moncada tries to stretch it to 3 bases, and gets thrown out...

Never make the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd trying to stretch 2 bases into 3... Don't they teach that anymore? 

• Like 1